Change Off-Road Vehicles' "Driver I" Squad to "Rider II" Squad

It could potentially be an issue, though a large enough squad will ideally have enough specialists to compensate this.

If not, Rider soldiers could have their weapon choices limited. Either way, I feel like adjusting Rider soldiers themselves is a more elegant solution than limiting an already limited squad type, instead of giving it space to grow and find it’s own niche in the sandbox.

This is honestly a good point.

It would be interesting if Motorcycles and Off-Road vehicles couldn’t be marked, from a balance perspective…

Either that, or only special types of squads like Saboteurs or pilots could mark them

(Me trying to not derail my own thread)

1 Like

You don’t have to fight other vehicles with them at all. To be still effective. The only thing you need to do is wipe out infantry from objective consistently.

Enlisted is not War thunder, Tank vs tank combat is far from being a priority. You don’t fight bikes with other bikes as well. Same goes for cars.

Yes, it’s nice to have free points from killing other vehicles. But if you dont have that capabilities, it shouldn’t be your focus.

From my experience it’s not something special. Perfect 4* assaulters with sprint perks or TT guerrillas are still better at crossing longer distances.

They would be excellent if they had HMG power right after their release, before the nerf.

Plus, most of them still have very limited angles for no good reason whatsoever. (Model clipping is not valid reason for me)

At least the overheat issue is no longer a thing.

They already cover the exact thing the infantry does. But in more lackluster way. They’re not even special at anything. That’s why I consider them to be filler squads.

Ohh, I forgot. They can resupply you with grenades. Smh.

Just another gimmick.

they will be added to the event, but not for TT.You’re crying that the sd7 is terrible, even though the prem and event have great cars)))))

In short, they will whine

And yet they are the most entertaining to watch.
images (3)

1 Like

These are the arguments where oneside see the thing for what it is and the other is focused on what it could be.
Rider/off road squads could be great if they came with enough soldiers and slightly stronger vehicles (just like the AS42 and other vehicles I have recently brought up in the “Axis Victory” topic).
However currently, the bikes and jeeps have limited usefulness as the maps are often too small to flank or the terrain just makea it impossible.

I was actually against adding jeeps to the game because I knew that they would mean minimal upgrade over the bikes.
I think I was right and jeeps will eventually get moved to BR I, but that might take a year or more to happen.

1 Like

The Japanese one is actually a downgrade over the bike xD

2 Likes

The jeeps and fourwheel drives are far better to control than the bikes, but other than that, only Gaz-67 and Kübelwagen offers an upgrade over the bikes. With the latter being the only vehicle that is a meaningful upgrade.

2 Likes

You’re way too optimistic. They’re going to be forgotten and left untouched, just like pretty much everything else. Just like saboteurs, just like planes carrying fuel bombs, just like paras. All just wasted potential.

APCs didn’t get lowered to BR1 to this day. Why? Nobody really knows.

It’s always the same. Just to create meaningless hype for some “major” update.

1 Like

My reason for no is that drivers drive, riders ride. With that, I am hoping they expand it even further and put all armoured cars from events, Premium and TT here…after all it allows you 4 slots for drivers and at best you have a TT APC, a Premium one and an event one. This would allow devs to add armoured cars to events and TT without tying up a Tanker slot.
This way they can drop the Rider allocation to 1 as Jeeps handle WAY better and then widen the Infantry count since it is Primarily an Infantry based game.