BR4 - balance problem

Hello comrades/gentlemans
I want to discuss some problems of battlerating
As I observe many people suggest to balance a few vehicles by BR changes (like XA-38 or kugelblitz)

::enlisted roll call::
Screenshot_20260928-080540~2

As on screenshot u can see that BR4 is barely played due to possibility of uptier to BR5
So re-balancing stuff to BR4 isnt a solution, its a death sentence for these vehicles/weapons rn.

The problem also lies on Events that created OP stuff to already obsolete BR system - that cant catch every weapon/vechicle to fair point of balance.

My idea was to change system to seperate uptiers:
(BR1 —> BR2)
(BR3 —> BR4)
(BR5)

But after a while I can see other problems that idea creates - BR4 becomes just another problem for BR3 - to strong for that.
So i dont really have other idea than create other type of tier system or add another BR between BR4 and BR5 and move some stuff to it.

(If you can - suggest something for that problem)

Do you agree with BR4 balance problem?

  • I agree
  • I agree, but (comment)
  • I don’t agree
  • I dont agree, but (comment)
0 voters
1 Like

(BR1 —> BR2)
(BR3 —> BR4)
(BR5)
so br 5, 4 and 2 become the only playable br
who is going to play br3 when they only get to fight the higher br4
br1 will always be new players
but no one will voluntarily play br3 if they have a choice
people will grind there favorite faction to br4
they will play no other faction and never again touch br3
you will go from br4 being unplayable to br3 being unplayable
you will also increase veteran players clubbing on br1 using br2 gear

1 Like

Did u read my entire post?
I said “but after a while I see the problem that idea creates” and I said also that my only solution for now is add another BR between BR4 and BR5

IV

3 Likes

my apologies, i suggested the same thing. br5b with 20 round semi auto rifles a new br6 with the t20 t20e1 as well as the fg41-1 and fg42

all hail admiral hood pf the combat evolved

1 Like

Probably the high rate of Soviets victory’s come from the fact that literally Japan can’t do anything against them, BR3 Japan is already very weak, now just imagine how weak is it in BR4

4 Likes

Hm
My idea of adding another BR was focused on diluting BR3 and BR4 (lets call it BR3-b)
Merge some stuff in it.
Panthers and 76mm shermans would be in that BR, but we seperate the Tiger H1 to BR4.
Add some event stuff and we’re creating more seperate and healthy balance point on (BR3<–>BR3-b<–>BR4.)
More place for event vechicles, or planes like BF-110 or XA-38.

1 Like

i half agree
but going from a 10 round semi auto to a 20 round select fire is a big jump
a lot of people want a 15/20 round semi auto
this would fit in a br between 4 and 5
the tiger h and m36b1 could also join them between br 4 and 5

i think 6 brs is a good idea allowing the inclusion of new weapons and but we need space between the zh29/g43 and the fg42-1 and fg 42-2 like an entire br between them
example rifles what would fall between at br3.5 on one end a johnson/garand at br3 and a zh29/g43 at br4

1 Like

Have you even looked at how the game handles matchmaking? It picks BR in a really stupid way—one team might have 3-2 BR while the other has 3-4 BR. You really should have described this balancing issue that breaks the game.

Br3 garand
Br3.5 johnson g41 svt38 type 4
Br4 zh29/g43 svt40

Us would lack a br4 rifle and Japan would lack br 3 and 4

1 Like

In my opinion, the US and Japan currently need the addition of rifles with detachable 10-round magazines at BR IV. The US also lacks a machine gun at BR IV–V; that’s a problem for them.

2 Likes

Decompress BR5 into BR6, and then create a +0-0 matchmaking system after

2 Likes

at the expense of unplayability, 4 br is more of a myth than the truth, when 5 br comes across, of course it’s hard, but you can live.
in turn, 4 br plays more often against 3 br, from personal experience I can safely assure you.
making a selection of 1-2 3-4 5 is quite reasonable
Against this background, 3 = 4 breach other.
The difference in small arms is minimal, tanks have the same chance of destroying each other.
Airplanes… To be honest, this is the weak link of the TT 3-4 br, They are revealed only at the expense of events and prems.

2 Likes

Thats not a truth, when I played a BR2 I never met a BR4 player on my match, so it might be a glitch at best.
Or i understood your message wrongly

Thats actually good point, but its a Gajin work to fill the gap at all.

Depends on Faction - Japan could suffer, some weapons on br4 are to strong and closer to br5 weapons, but tbh
Im talking that from USA main perspective

1 Like

Yeah, that happens sometimes; the craziest thing was finding a Super Pershing at BR3, that was a serious bug. Technically, the BR2–4 matchmaking glitched and bumped it up to the BR4–5 range. At least they fixed that sort of… With Japan, for example, you practically can’t equip anything from BR4 without automatically getting bumped up to BR5.

1 Like

I can confirm that 20-round semi-autos work well in BR4-5 thanks to the events weapos, though a 20-round rifle facing 10-round ones might be a new issue.

Ideally, I think the current BR5 should become BR6, while 15-to-20-round semi-autos and high-capacity SMGs move to BR5; assault rifles would also shift to BR6.

The only thing left to determine is whether event and battle pass semi-autos should also be BR5, given that they are technically the same as the tech tree versions, just less common.

1 Like

U cant trust that website. There is no way to fact check

1 Like

Oh, this weak Japan…
As much as I’ve been playing, I’ve been hearing about the weakness and inadequacy of Japan, and after playing it well, I’ve come to the following conclusion.
Events and prems are the weak side of the faction, not designed for the top br, so if you want to farm, go for the low br.
What TТ gives you is winning It’s not enough to be superfluous, for most players, it will be great to improve damage characteristics.
tanks and planes, entry-level tanks are not the strong side of the Japanese, it’s a fact, but then they reveal themselves very well, it’s not ironic that I can put at least one Japanese tank in the top 5 of the TT starting from 3 br
4 br the Japanese are angry, competitive, the problem online is mainly that some players allocate maps, although I personally like all Japanese maps

1 Like