Battle of Shumshu The Final Major Battle of World War II. 🗾


Greetings Commanders,

It’s a bit boring that there is only 1 Soviet vs Japan map that gets very boring so I suggest adding a new map the Battle of Shumshu. Since the devs have all the needed resources from the other maps and the new map from Operation Neptune can be used to set the weather for such map all the devs need is Soviet ships from war thunder to create such map.

Shumshu is the easternmost and second-northernmost island of the Kuril Islands chain, which divides the Sea of Okhotsk from the northwest Pacific Ocean. The name of the island is derived from the Ainu language, meaning “good island”. It is separated from Paramushir by the very narrow Second Kuril Strait in the northeast 2.5 kilometres (1.6 mi), and its northern tip is 11 kilometres (6.8 mi), from Cape Lopatka at the southern tip of the Kamchatka Peninsula.

So I’m gonna show you how would such map will look :


Here short video from the test servers :smiley: Here more images from what to expect from such map:

Spoiler

21313
Map1
kataoka-airfield-shumushu-2000s-t
kataoka-airfield-hanger-1980s-t


images
images (2)
images (1)
IJiwD
hqdefault







It will be very different map from the classic pacific Islands and here the soviets will have to do naval invasion against Japan and the map will be very different from the normal urban combat that we have on Harbin not to mention this map is far more easier to create. As from the update what can we expect I have made some Event Squads:

Paratrooper Event: :parachute:

Spoiler


Or Driver event: :wheel:

Spoiler


You can vote on which will you prefer.

For weapons and vehicles here some list of easy to add interesting stuff for the TT:

Spoiler

GERMANY: :de:

USA: :us:

USSR: :ru:


Japan: :jp:





And here some good premiums:

The Battle of Shumshu, the Soviet invasion of Shumshu in the Kuril Islands, was the first stage of the Soviet Union’s Invasion of the Kuril Islands in August–September 1945 during World War II. It took place from 18 to 23 August 1945, and was the only major battle of the Soviet campaign in the Kuril Islands and arguably the very last battle of World War II so it will be a shame not to have it since it will give the much needed diversity for FAR EASTERN FRONT and HARBIN.

  • Yes I’m tired of HARBIN give us more maps for USSR and Japan
  • No I love HARBIN one map is enough we don’t need Battle of Shumshu
0 voters

And here the second poll if such map is added which of the two events would you prefer:

  • The Paratrooper Event
  • The Driver Event
0 voters

Here some from where I made the equipment I’m not gonna post all the walls of text about the entire equipment just the concept art images but if you are interested in some of the equipment I can give you info about it since this is more of a concept for a new map and update then suggestion for new equipment:

Spoiler

_Громов-500x348
_и Флоров ИК-3
_ПИБ биплан-700x233





Ki43 rockets
rocket type
test2


Well that’s all hope you like the new map can’t believe you let the commies attack my home Islands xD

That’s all from me peace out I’m back at gambling and playing pachinko and opening loot boxes and while I’m busy with such important tasks feel free to throw the commies out of my ISLANDS YOU USLESS SUBJECTS !!! :smiley:

JapanSeal

12 Likes

Another Soviet vs Japan Map could maybe make the Game much better.

3 Likes

Honestly, I don’t really care if we get a para or driver event rewards. But this

I would like to see.

5 Likes

You mean Soviet vs Japan not axis vs Japan . For axis vs Japan will be next event xD

There is also ZK-420S :

Simply I think Germany needs BR III semi-auto and the ZK is the best option since Italy also was interested in it.

3 Likes

“I’ll do anything I’ll do whatever to get out of Manchukuo”

1 Like

I’d very very much love a different environment and setting for Japan and the USSR. And I know most people might not make use of the water around but I’d have some fun with the Ka-chi :laughing:.

As for the event I love both ideas but I am very biased to wanting to see the Type 93.

3 Likes

Sorry i meant Soviet vs Japan map.

2 Likes

Yeah Japan has many good options when it comes to this new Driver class a lot of armored cars with mgs.

Specially Island will be best very different then the Harbin.

Then what will you do for one of those ? :smiley:

1 Like

Asanchik’s passport.

1 Like

Its hard for Asanchik every time he industrialize some westerners come to ruin his fun.
images (3)

4 Likes

Damn, those made-up Driver Event squads look so good. I wish you were in charge, man.

2 Likes


But I’m in charge already :smiley: Being the Emperor on this forum is not easy job they have killed all my friends Greyparrots , Decard , SdKfz173DW-live all are gone soon even adamnpee can bite the dust this forum is getting less and less fun… :smiling_face_with_tear: I could not even make funeral for SdKfz173DW-live I did not notice he was banned.

1 Like