YouTube Mod Showcase/Digest

Recently I’ve been thinking about launching a YouTube series that showcases different mods, and would be released weekly every Wednesday. The reason I’ve thought of this is because of the inconsistency of Enlisted’s Mod Digest, with no proper schedule, and the fact that I have a lot of free time.

If anybody could suggest me any mods, please do so.

8 Likes

For now, I have only see one youtuber who testing some mods of enlisted but it primary zombie

2 Likes

please allow me to introduce my first mod: a zombie one
It might not be a good and balanced map but it is a prove-of-concept thingy. this map is designed to be played alone and might have lots of bugs, and i am going to fix immediately if you report here:
https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/I2iWmCcUkxNn09Me/

This mod is set on the pacific island and you have to defend the house from the undead
There is a random weapon box on the top floor
Special weapons(such as AKM and Ubermauser, molotovs and explosion packs) can be purchased at the second floor inside rooms
Ammunition and medkits are also available for purchase (of course)

Game ends at wave 30 and bosses come every 5 waves starting from wave 10! (instead of ending in wave 575 and boses every 10 rounds starting from wave 15)

It might be too hard but its everything i have asked and learnt from the forums and feel free to ask me anything i used in the mod. I am happy to spread the knowledge and let more people make amazing mods

3 Likes

This one also looks amazing: (Btw sandbox portal might be down so mods downloaded might crash your game:( )
https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/6an31wN6WunwoFCY/

1 Like

I personally am a member of the call of duty zombies community so i tend to be interested in zombies content. However, too many zombies content might make your video not unique. So here are some suggestions for other game modes:
The most played gun game mod(and most played mod too! of course its made by FACE_TAC_2): https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/RVZSv28W10d5qxDZ/

This prison camp gun game is also fun as well, i have played it so many times:https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/Q1pas3WCdySuIVb7/

And this pistol gun game i found it fun: https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/i7awZitbJYLjU4Pk/

For conquest mode:
“Battle for the Reichstag” (Lone Fighters):
https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/FowC2kTDiErLtyRz/

Also modern conflict by face_tac is good(i add link later)

2 Likes

Bazsi37s nuketown zombies is really great and it has lots of stuff to cover

3 Likes

The real question is more doing a weekly showcase of the mods that are posted and giving credit to their creator.

2 Likes

I wanted to suggest the increasingly popular dogfight, but it turned out to be yours)))

1 Like

Okay so I seemed to have figured out how these episodes are going to work.

At the beginning I will talk about one of my mods, in an effort to promote myself. However I will give an unbiased critique of them, at least as unbiased as I can get. If people suggest my mods, then I might put more in the episode.

After that, I will showcase 5 mods that you guys suggest, and I will play them and give an honest critique. Credit will go to the creator of the mod, and I will make it clear.

After that, I will talk about developments in mods that are still being developed, if people wish to share that info to me.

If anybody would like to suggest anything be added or removed from my current plan, feel free to tell me!

1 Like

You’ve already have YT channel? @PrivateRyan44

1 Like

Yes I do.

Channel

2 Likes

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/lIXaTtfV9x0bZT61/

It may seem that many people know about this mod, but even more do not know about it. I wanted the game as a whole to be similar to this mod.

4 Likes

BigAction is what the game should be like /have as a never ending EC event.

With 256 players.

3 Likes

This is a map with great concept but the server are not quite handling it
You see, the game generates the bots moving path in real time so if the map is big and lots of bots are present, the game dies. Also the area might be too large so much so the game become boring to some players, even though it is more realistic

you’d think with all cc enlisted has, some of those lambs would dive into mods and would provide something for their “communities”

but that doesn’t happen. and shows their true intent.

however, there is a guy who covers mod. and actually gives credit.

i’m sure he will be willing to play some mods and bring some awareness ( if you ask nicely ).

there may be few others, but well… he is the least obnoxious out of the bunch lol.
and actually has more than 10k subscribers.

2 Likes

I didn’t notice any performance issues with 40 players or 30 AI. When it comes to map size, there is a gold standard: the average map size relative to the game’s concept. Medium-sized maps have always been relevant in projects such as COD, Battlefield, WOT, WT, Planetside (hex size), and medium-sized locations are also popular in ARMA. In the current Enlisted, due to their small size, half of the equipment is not relevant, as are half of the infantry weapons and units. I understand that everyone has their own preferences, so I think medium-sized cards are universal.

its server side performance. Tick rate will decrease a lot
You can check server load and tick rate with ctrl+shift+n
Also, a tick rate icon will appear on the top right hand corner when the tick rate is decreased

1 Like

I mean, I haven’t seen signs like that in a big action. Honestly, this is the first time I’ve heard that this mod has such a problem, if there are more people, then I agree, but I haven’t seen it in the current settings.

1 Like

I think you really need to play it yourself before jumping to conclusions

at least big action can recover from low tick rate and works fine~ make a try~

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/lIXaTtfV9x0bZT61/

yes big action performs some tricky optimizations so it doesn’t go into low frame rate mode.

Based on these optimizations, I pay more attention to the performance values of server load and phyloss (I don’t know exactly what phyloss is but in some cases some flickering will occur if this value is high).

At present, I try to optimize all parameters as much as possible

Note that the number of vehicles and vehicle wreckage is a common killer of server performance. Placing a large number of vehicles in advance will waste server resources. And more and more infinite vehicle wreckage will eventually kill the server. Because they are all some kind of physis simulate computing entities

In big action, vehicles are not preset on the battlefield, but are deployed by players themselves. At the same time, vehicle wreckage and any structures will be automatically clear within a specific time. Prevent the server from wasting resources.

And also need to add some mechanism to automatically clear any idle vehicles

While there are still not many battles that completely fill up the player base, in 99% of cases, big action can work well, and it is a testament to the fact that at least one large 20vs20 battle can be run.

However, in some extreme cases, excessive server load may cause the entire game room to collapse. I have encountered this 1 or 2 times. Later, I reduced the number of players to 20vs20, reduced the number of players’ vehicles, and reduced the vehicle wreckage destruction time. At present, I think it is a relatively stable and smooth game environment parameter.

I think that most of the time, a serveload below 100%~200% can be considered to be working well. I have checked 10vs10 arcade games. Arcade games will probably also fluctuate at this value, although the average value of big action will be higher, but Overall he can work well

Some optimization are very monkey and unconventional. It is difficult for me to disclose all of them, but you can ask me privately.

But in general, large-scale, stable and smooth battles of 20vs20 or even 25vs25 are feasible.

Of course this is all thanks to the good game engine code of gaijin engine and DF, their game engine can really support this, I think official can do better.

I think the CRSED/Enlisted game engine is designed for huge and rich game scenes. The size of the multiplayer game map is one of its main highlights.

4 Likes

Yes, I also decided to turn off the skeletons of the equipment after a few minutes. And although now custom games have become more stable, the presence of pre-installed profiles or custom profiles for AI leads to serious delays.

1 Like