Xbox controller binding

I’m new to pc. I really enjoyed this game on xbox. Now im trying to recapture those glory days, however im terrible with shooters on key board and mouse. Could anyone enlighten me on how to make my controller work here on pc. I have tried to bind certain buttons but it seems the system in place will not recognize my button changes. Something as simple as making my b button crouch refuses to be recognized. Is there something im missing? Could it be that i play through steam? it claims they do not support controllers, however, the buttons all seemed to work fine on console. How is it any different? How can i play on console with a controller but through a pc the controller refuses to comply? As if the game has never been played with a controller.

1 Like

My tip is stick to mouse and keyboard and form the muscle memory for it. They are too superior.
Btw i’m playing this game on console from 1 year and I still didn’t figure it out how to put the hold button in the key

1 Like

Are you using the regular PC version of Enlisted or the Steam Enlisted Reinforced PC version?

I have not used the Steam Enlisted Reinforced PC version so I cannot state anything about that version’s Xbox Controller compatibility.

I use the regular PC version of Enlisted and if Steam is an active program in memory then a conflict between the two arises regarding the Xbox Controller. Steam overrides Xbox Controller settings of the regular PC version of Enlisted.

So if you want to play the regular PC version of Enlisted with the Xbox Controller, then first terminate Steam from memory in the MS Windows Task Manager before you start Enlisted.

If you want to play a Steam game again, simply quit Enlisted and restart Steam.

To me mouse and key is good for long range combat. While a controller will have the advantage indoors in close quarters.