X-ray system for soldiers

I remember a recent event in Warthunder where you could play with futuristic soldiers in mech-suits. I also remember the soldiers you play as having a sort of X-ray system like the tanks. The mech-suits had these tiny ceramic armor blocks protecting the soldier and shooting them would degrade/destroy the blocks. So I thought, why not give the soldiers in enlisted an X-ray system just like that. Just instead of armor blocks, you’d have an internal organ system. You know, kidneys, lungs, heart etc. Shooting different spots would harm the soldier in different ways. Shooting the heart or brain would kill a soldier instantly, shooting a leg would slow them down and cause bleeding, I’m not a medical expert but you get the idea. Not only is this more realistic, but it would also give the medic class an actual purpose instead of being useless. I feel like this feature is missing from this game, tanks already have a detailed X-ray system, and the mech-suits I mentioned earlier weren’t much bigger than the soldiers inside them, perhaps it could work on such a small model.

1 Like

If each soldier has to be calculated in real time, it may put more burden on your hardware and ultimately lead to a lower FPS.
After all, the battlefield density of this game is higher than that of War Thunder, with so many infantry and so many artillery shells…

9 Likes

i think headshots instant kil is enough but im confused how with tanks mg they aren’t killed outright they more n often wounded a guy with a bolt ACTION can kill a 6 man squad with a rifle which happens a lot with players at lt col lvl seems impossible unless its full auto gewer or garand as he’s running and leaning while shooting it must be only an gamepad allows u to do it a mouse you can’t do anything like it

Soldiers DO have different damage multipliers depending on the body part.

2 Likes

This may be too much trouble. I think let leg injuries can affect the soldiers’ moving speed, while arm injuries can affect the soldiers’ shooting accuracy. (If there is no treatment. ) That’s enough, simple and true.

Seems unnecessary, the game already has different damage multipliers for body part, imo it’s enough.

4 Likes

go play sniper elite if you want elaborate damage hitboxes.

enlisted is already kinda crapshoot when it come to fucking tank’s hit detection (partially because ping and mild desync), and you want an even smaller hit detection areas on an even more mobile and small target?

you are already slowed when shot by a bullet, enough that you’re a lot more vulnerable to being shot by the following rounds. and as pointed above there’s already a damage multiplier if a lot less elaborate than what you suggest.

1 Like

the true fatal shot to the brainbox