Winter Ardennes - Expanding the location

It’s disappointing and painful to see how the playerbase’s standards have gone down regarding expected content.

I still remember when they could release multiple, large, 2x2 or 4x4km maps for the game. Just look at this:

Look at the dates. That’s right. 3 distinct maps in the same year! And they are not miniature 1x1km maps!Sure they have been in development prior, but it’s their job to make sure they can pump out enough content per year.

What happened?

Based on the pictures, they are trying to “sell” a map expansion, which looks like a week of work at worst, as a major addition. I see copy pasted RI from other parts of the map. As far as i know map designers also make some of the models for the maps, so that’s acceptable. This is minor update material, alongside bugfix notes.

Shame.

Let’s hope they bring something nice to table, looking foward to the other devblogs.

12 Likes

Can we finally have Tank Camo that changes depending on Campaign with next update?
So we get Winter CAmo on this one as example?
It’s about time you add that now…

10 Likes

Yeah, it’d be nice to get entire fronts worth of maps for updates again. As is we’ve been getting only one or two maps every once in a while for a while now

Rzhev was the remix of the greatest hit of Moscow/Stalingrad/Berlin with a few new objects generated from scratch so it was obvious that they will be reusing old assets, first batch of Ardennes maps were also full of recycled old assets.

It’s nothing new in the industry i’m playing Monster Hunter 3/4/U and they all use same animations for the weapons and movement as new games, Forza keep recycling cars and stages, Gran Turismo even right now with last game are using old ps3 models which were more often than not ps2 models and upgraded to ps4 standard with Gran Turismo Sport and Yakuza games are always recycling same old location but with passage of time so they feels both old and new at same time (just compare Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6/7 it’s completely different). It’s a way for new games or content to be added quicker and to save money.

Problem is why it’s taking for them so long to release new locations if they are reusing assets in the past they could pump out multiple locations a year but now it’s at the snails pace.

2 Likes

Same location right now in editor:

It’s not the new map people, just expansion of old Ardennes map.

2 Likes

What happened ?

Everything back then was hidden behind a paywall… but game has keeped its quality.

Nowadays - new content, fix of bugs are not that important. Only - more silver for free, and absolutely no content in store, because people will cry about p2w.

3 Likes

Same thing that happened to the Battlefield when they dropped b2p Premium that you had to buy to play new maps, in live service model with free maps continent was released at the snails pace and we see it right now in Enlisted. Remove monetary incentive from them and be left with scraps.

2 Likes

SHOW !!! :+1: :+1: Excellent work

ngl i have never seen this part of the map before at all (and i got ardennes plenty of time)

Elbe River / Austria 1945 so we can have USA + USSR vs Germany please

4 Likes

So are y’all going to fix the post game loading screen on PlayStation or nah?

What’s wrong on your end?

Jeej nice!

but …

Japs need manchuria pleaseeeeeeee, next update pleasseeeee

3 Likes

After some games It cuts to the clouds screen and it won’t go away and it also won’t allow you to even turn The PlayStation off so I have to unplug the cable

1 Like

Soviets vs Japan when

2 Likes

Oh nice a threesome!

1 Like

Ooohhh I may have run into that before
That’s your Playstation hard crashing my guy. May be the game, may be your system. If it’s a PS4, I’d bet the system. Performance problems come with age, you know?
If it’s a PS5, it could be either or

I am on ps5 and had same issue, hard reset and repair seemed to resolve issues.

yeah like berlin and stalingrad

B204996B8D56F402A403D974C0757EA0
Pretty pls Majormcsoon

7 Likes