Will the meta shift for the US and Japan?

With the new BP being released a new update seems to be in the offing. I was wondering whether we will see the long awaited event for the Assault Engineers for the US and Japan as a part of this major update. But before that we also need to get two ARs in their respective TTs. This would truly warrant a meta shift from the 9-man rifleman squad for the US and Japan at BR V. Since currently there is no good reason to use assaulters for these two factions. Let me know your thoughts down below.

2 Likes

Plenty of reason to use Assaulter’s in BR V
Pure, raw sex appeal of a drum mag Thompson

1 Like

well i prefer those .45 (i think? idk im not in game yet) than them i like their rof

the event one

1 Like

Yeah. I understand that it is an iconic weapon. It has an emotive appeal. But you know what I mean. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The .30 cal. Yeah. But like with only 20 rounds it is best suited for BR II-III to be honest.

i know but honestly idc i use them and lanchester 50 round on br5 since most of my guy are riflemen and mg

but maybe if they add an AR or something i might use more assaulter maybe

1 Like

Nice. There are a lot of interesting options for the US other than the Thompson. Japan as well. Quite good candidates for pseudo-ARs. Let’s hope they get added in the near future.

1 Like

yea if only hyde m2 wasnt a founder thing allies might have got an AR by now

there is also the burton light rifle but that more GO than TT imo

2 Likes

That’s the M2 Hyde SMG though. The one which has been suggested multiple times at this point is the M1944 Hyde Carbine. You can see it in CoD Vanguard where it goes by the name of Cooper Carbine. Insane RoF of ~1,200 RPM. Only problem is that it fires the same round as the M2 Carbine. Not an intermediate cartridge to be honest. But it could make up for it in RoF and accuracy.

2 Likes

The event one is chambered in .30 Carbine
All the TT Thompson’s are in .45 ACP, the Lord’s Caliber

2 Likes

yea ngl i couldnt remember all these US caliber i only know 9mm, 30-06 and .45

and .22 when i use in training a really quiet one

1 Like

Nice.

1 Like

For the rest of you, it may be hard to remember them as they are just random, seemingly meaningless numbers to ya’ll
I know them as measurements though. A .45 ACP is a pistol round with a .45” diameter bullet.
30-06 is a rifle round with a .30” diameter bullet adopted in 1906
30-03 is a rifle round with a .30” diameter bullet adopted in 1903
.30 Carbine is a round nose “rifle” round with a .30 diameter bullet
.308 is a rifle round with a .308” diameter bullet

Meanwhile you have 7.62x51mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x53mm, 7.62x45mm, 7.62x54mm, etc
Then there’s 9mm Parabellum and 9mm Luger. What’s the difference? Frick if I know. One’s still the common pistol round and the other is a rare, outdated round that goes in a Luger? Lol

Just depends on what you’re used to seeing. .227 or 5.56? .308 or 7.62x51mm? 30-06 or 7.62xwhatever-another

3 Likes

Just let them use submachine guns
6 engineers holding low-performance submachine guns in a low-level room are not much of a threat

1 Like

I am sure those squads will be able to change their primary weapon based on the BR. Just like the German and Soviet squads.

Event lanchester 50 is a br3 gun I use in br 5. It is just good

2 Likes

It’s all pretty simple if one can simply remember the number 25.4

1 Like

Ew.
Lanchester 50 is the goat

2 Likes

Lanchester 50 is performant, Tommy gun is cool

1 Like

Yeah. But it is more or less comparable to the SIG 1920 which I believe is a BR III SMG for the Japanese.

1 Like