Why was the AI machine gunner removed from the M8?

It was stated that in a recent bug fix, that the machine gunner “shooting through” the armor on the M8 Greyhound premium squad was a bug. I always just thought that it was intentional, because the “assistant driver’s” seat in the real M8 ( aka the machine gunner seats in enlisted) had a window hatch. Seems like maybe an oversight to me? Either way, it’s an unfortunate big nerf for the vehicle in my opinion. Considering it has very little “protection” to begin with.

1 Like

Because the soldier shot through the armor on all directions with personal weapons (smg or pistol) Inside, the tank. Not exposed to the outside, bullets would travel the armor of the vehicle from the inside.

Was a bug that rightfully was fixed.

as for the patch note: AI soldiers in the M8 Greyhound no longer shoot through the tank’s armor.

nothing to do with machinegunner :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I always just thought of it as a mini AI turret on the front of the vehicle that racked up kills for me. It was definitely only coming from the machine gunner seats though. I know this because they were the only soldier in the squad that I would equip with an SMG.

Maybe some day we will get ai that will use hull MG for us. One could dream, they could cap it’s effective range at max 50-60m so they wouldn’t be sniping people across the map.

2 Likes

Did you personally test the M8 squad to identify this “bug” , because I used to use this vehicle a lot in custom games, and the soldier inside the vehicle would only target AI that was in front of the vehicle. At least for me…

And they weren’t “cross mapping” other AI. Sorry, but I’m still not fully convinced that this was a “bug”.

1 Like

Hmmm, interesting, I looks to me like you had a bit of an accident with an explosion pack… That person was definitely not using vehicles correctly either, lol.

Where are there bullets coming from the back of the vehicle?

Still think that they could have done something of a fix here, instead of removing it from the game entirely.

I remember getting killed that way many times by the various vehicles but now it seem to be fixed.

Oh well, I guess AI gunners will have to wait until god knows when.

This was the soldier that used to shoot out of mine… Just as a reference, nothing more.