Why is the gorov LMG considered a semi auto rifle? and why the coenders is called mg yet, it's an smg?

yes, i joined late the party, but:

i bought it thinking it was an lmg, and it turned out kills with this thing do not count towards the mg kills bp task.
why?

the description even says it

same goes for the coenders. ( description says that it’s an smg, but it’s called an mg. am i going crazy ? )

what is this inconsistency?

Because it is being very light and using the Lahti-Saloranta M/26’s 20-round magazine.

Same case as conders MG. Classification is what matters. And basically all other full autos which aren’t MG are classified as smgs. Including ARs and stuff like M2c iirc.

It’s pretty much just a belt fed smg, if it was treated like a lmg and thus having lmg penalties it would be unusable

1 Like

What’s the difference between RD-44 and conders then? RD-44 definitely isn’t unusable and doesn’t even have movement penalization

that’s it ¿

except the lathi is an actual mg?

for 3 kilos, it becomes something else?

welp. guess that’s as far as i’m gonna get.

I believe they just wanted add another full auto option on BR5 for classically non full auto classes. (Which is going to sell pretty well)

Otherwise there’s no reason for it to be BR5 in the first place.

2 Likes

And the gorov is t5 for some reason. Change it to mg class gun and drop it into t3 or t2

that checks out…

No, once weapon is released. It shouldn’t change so dramatically. It could’ve negative impact on players who already bought it for what it was.

1 Like

In fact, “just smg” is a very difficult degree of developer permissiveness due to the developer’s different approach to the implementation of weapons.
According to the same logic, the BAR is just a heavy automatic rifle (in some versions it is normal)

2 Likes

Too late to change that, it would make players that purchased it unhappy

1 Like

like if… that ever stopped happening before

2 Likes

For example, the zk and lad were actually considered “Ultralight” machine guns to support the squad. Therefore, the developer can change the approach as he wants

Yeah.

I would really love to know… Is there any significant difference between RD-44 and LAD? Since one is considered smg meanwhile the other is considered MG (ingame).

As far I know, both use “smg ammo” and RD is light enough to not have movement penalization.

jesus.

what have i bought

eh… i didn’t liked seeing 1/3rd right side of my screen anyway.

if you can’t see the enemy, he won’t see you, right? :smirk:

3 Likes

Probably because many people liked that flamethrowers, molotov, impact grenades and phosphorus have become absolutely useless weapons (flamethrowers can do something, but it’s literally worse than flamethrowers before they were processed at all)

1 Like

Yeah, it’s not good xD I’ve made the same mistake. Still better than Bren II and its sights tho.

3 Likes

I would say the RD using intermediate cartridges while the LAD uses pistol caliber bullets is a significant difference, RD still has movement penalties, but it’s -20% sprint speed due to it’s weight

2 Likes