Why Greyzone Camping Is A Problem

For the people who don’t yet understand the issue, here it is.

Little red tank sits well behind the grey wall, mostly safe, if not completeley invulnerable, to any attack.

Little red tank has full range of the spawn point AND the flag point. He/She/It can just spam HE at will and prevent any movement from the spawn.

Yes. This is an exploit.
Yes. This is unfair to the attacking side.
Yes. If you defend this practice, you’re part of the problem.
Yes. This type of match warrants desertion, which is another problem, but not the point of this post.

3 Likes

Good excuse once again to mention that I have long suggested Flak Cannons as the AT squad unique building. The ultimate weapon against pretty much all tank

It hard to erect any Engineer building when you’re picked off seconds after you spawn…

5 Likes

Welp that’s just the chaos of battle for you. Sometimes the tank gets you, other times you build the flak cannon before any enemy gets you and you’re their nightmare

I corrected it for you.
Tanks can always be countered by aircraft, while AA and SPAA are usually ineffective in terms of time and overall contribution to my team.

3 Likes

Solution for a grey-zone tanks:

1. use a plane
  2. use kamikaze plane if skill issue
4 Likes

Bomb splash damage only does so much.

In that particular game, the CAS couldn’t do shit, for want of trying.

Try knocking a tank out in the greyzone as infantry, and then we can talk. I guess.

imagine having counters to such tank like planes, other tanks, AT guns, rocket launchers. this game should really implement them…

only problem comes with some weapons/vehicles being unable to deal with high BR armor, so i have already suggested couple of solutions:

1. second vehicle slot for f2p players so they can have both tanks and planes (even BR1 50kg bombs can deal with KT)
  2. bigger caliber AT guns (which we are getting)
  3. better rocket launchers for japan/US

no to all. imagine using tanks in their intended role. what is next? complaining about planes bombing? radiomen calling in arty? ranting about flamethrowers? if tank is being annoying, you or someone from your teammates should deal with him. same thing with planes etc.

only agree if you are getting stomped so hard by whole team that you cant do anything and you dont have any chance of victory. 1 tank player holding your whole team doesnt warrant that…

Imagine not having a chance to set up anything, let alone AT guns, RT, or even Artillery.

And no, Arty can’t target someone so behind the line.

A tank’s role is to support the infantry, and vice-versa. Blitzkrieg is situational.

No, I don’t complain about much at all, I’m aware of the various issues. Sure, some of the bomb-splash is a little out of whack, but I can deal with that. An invulnerable enemy popping sniper shots with a tank at my spawn though, no, that’s not acceptable.

It’s an exploit.

Also, refer to my third original point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Enlsited. The FPS game that everybody join to play warthunder or warplanes.

Desert. Just desert.
Go to another game and be happy. Dont waste your time.

1 Like

Eh? No?!?

I really enjoy the game, but there are some issues. I’m just trying to raise awareness, if anything.

And again, no. I don’t like deserting. This was probably the first match I purposely deserted from, because there wasn’t any point to it. The greyzone camper had us fvcked from the beginning. I can tolerate a kerb-stomping. I think you’re missing the point a bit.

i kinda doubt this. considering that i have camped on that spot before, there are loads of blind spots you can take advantage of. problem is only if you were against high BR tank that cant be penned by AT gun (cause US AT guns suck) frontally and then you would need some extreme flanking to get angles to pen it (which idk if it is even possible).

that is why i am for second vehicle slot for f2p player. people often take tanks while grinding and they are helpless against higher BR tank. that is why everyone should also have access to planes and not just premium players.

technically you could get bombers to bomb behind enemy line, but nobody is even mentioning arty here.

No, im not missing.

If you haven’t noticed, the only way to farm XP quickly is through planes or tanks.
Now everyone who plays tanks sits in the greyzone and spams HEs non-stop.

Angry kids will tell you that it’s not a problem and that it’s okay.
Everytime I see this, I just desert.

And it’s going to get worse.

The game rewards those who farm kills and not those who help defend or capture the cap.

not true. vehicles are great way to farm score, but not really great way to farm xp. zerg rushing caps, engineering points, fighting and dying a lot earns you a lot more xp than just playing tank/plane. if you didnt know dying to enemy earns you xp (200xp for fully researched squad).

btw here are couple of screenshots:
23k score = 7681 base xp

11k score = 7.3k base xp

3.5k score = 5.2k base xp

so unless you have godlike performance with plane like first screenshot, for same time spent it is better to just do mix of everything.

1 Like

The real issue is that you are trying to do gameplay changes over imbalanced matchmaking.
No amount of gameplay changes can balance the fact that (half the time) one team is full of bots/bot equivalents and the other one is fully equipped, 10-slotted premium players

This would be a good change on average and I’d like to see it done as well…but for most of those games it will just mean the “bots/bot equivalents” team can also force feed some flak spammers - half of the stacked team can just sit in flak emplacements farming points since the other team is just not a threat

Fastest way to progress the tech trees is to just cycle infantry squads lol
Spawn - run towards the nearest objective - do as much damage as you can before you get wiped - repeat

1 Like

M20 Super Bazooka and M18 Recoilless when?

1 Like

And what would that do? I had a bomb from a bombing run land 5 feet away from my LVT and it yellow’d or orange’d a dude or two

That is only reason I support kamikazes. Sbd all the way. Huge bombs mean no skill

While not really a full solution, one thing I like to do with grey zone camping tanks if I cant get into the air, is to make a smoke wall so they cant see anything for extended periods. Generally gives enough cover to get things done, usually a 40-50% effective rate

1 Like