Who doesn't mind long queue times if there's zero bots?

Just a general question to find out how the community feels. Proposition would be absolutely zero bots and only players unless in custom matches. I understand that that would make que times feel unbearable to some, but they did somewhat launch steam. For those that have it they have it, would a steam launch really fix not having bots in games? I know what would dilute the pool enough to where you’re not getting a team of expert players versus a team of noobs, so in the short-term “unbalanced and unfair advantage within a faction” wouldn’t really apply as badly.

Bots would still be available and improved, but they would be restricted to just custom matches. And maybe as a way of having a PVE mode at one point. Since so many push PvE after the April fool’s event.

1 Like

If I’m time restrained to get 20k for an event then I mind!!:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Long queues would be killer of every f2p game. Literally the worst possible “solution”.

1 Like

Play custom games for full pvp.

Bots are anyway better than the bottom 50% of players.

I much rather have sensible BR system than full lobbies.

4 Likes

I don’t think most players are better than the AI
And game controller players are at the bottom of the discrimination chain.
Because 90% of game controller players are terrible

even if not 50%, I feel like this really has to be said … I wish it wasnt the case too.

2 Likes

You won’t remove bots if you only change the matchmaking. Even more importantly, you won’t remove the perception or suspicion of having hidden bots in your matches. I don’t think anything can remove that after seeing this situation which is unthinkable in pretty any other game.

Which, incidentally, only feeds bot-like behavior in real players and only deepens that perception. Why bother doing anything particularly intelligent or skillful when you’re surrounded by bots? And you will inevitably be surrounded by bots even with the maximum number of real players present, you’d just be dying to infuriating cheezy tactics more often.

i dont care about bots if both teams have a similar amount, but maps are important. so i wouldnt mind waiting 2 min in exchange for map picking.

1 Like

That’s the most difficult part actually. With the way things work now, even if you start with an even number of players on both teams, some of them will inevitably quit for whatever reasons. And the more of them quit, the more reasons to quit others will have. Happens 100% of the time.

longer queues might be a solition.
which i don’t like, but whatevs.

i’d be more in favor for having bots in matches as long numbers of players are equals.

so, 5v5 with additional bots might be enjoyable too.
much better than a 8v3 among those 8s, some br III / IV.

so you still have more lobbies where you get dragged down, or ends up being an half an hour sweat just to get some pennies because you happen to lose, or haven’t made enough kills etc.
( or even just a stomp fest… )

perhaps, its not doing me a favor, but.
as a creator of pves ( well… sort of. since pves support is lacklaster at best and comes with many shortcomings & stability issues )

honestly, i rather play pves all day.

not so much for the " easy " factor, but legit, some players could use pves for their own sake rather than drag down teams so much.

it doesn’t help the fact either that as someone said better than me, bots are actually better than some players.

but it’s genually more fun.

like, pves can provide so much.
in terms of variety if done right.

examples would be, insurgency sandstorm or armored warfare type of PVES.
those are in my opinion the best kind.

because you have defences type of missions, counter attacks ones, assault ones, demolitions, and a mix of all of the ones mentioned into one.

above all, pves allows for proper HA or realistic / slow paced type of gameplay too.

where players might have to be more carefull and saves more lives / tickets as possible instead of just rushing etc.

but that’s just a fever dream of mine which is not even confirmed pves will ever be a thing in this game
( that is, with official support )

and yes, i’d be fine having to play 2 of said matches just to get the same ammount of a single multiplayer match.

but i’m getting tired of pvp. because it all boils down to gray camping, suicide bombing, who can spam the most ammount of automatic weapons and who parks the apc closers etc.

there are some differences here and there, but for me, it’s getting stale.

2 Likes

At some point I was pondering the idea that perhaps the overpopulated factions should just get some pure PvE matches. To make sure that everyone gets a match without having to wait for too long, but without resorting to uneven number of players in each team or partially filled matches.

I.e. if there are 35 players in the queue for one faction and only 11 for the other, we’d end up with one full 10v10 PvP match, 2 full PvE matches for the bigger faction (if PvE also requires 10 players for a full match), and keep the remaining players in the queue until there are possible full matches for them as well.

After some thinking I came to a conclusion that a system like that might be too messy, mixing PvP and PvE in the same queue. That being said, they are currently mixing PvP and PvE within nearly each match, and the results of that… Well, everyone experiences those results and a lot of the time it isn’t particularly enjoyable. Especially for the less popular factions.

2 Likes

Honestly half the time i just want to believe half the team are bots

2 Likes

I do also prefer to have more PvE matches, with more interesting missions and scenarios, rather than pretty stale PvP.

I think one of the ‘easy’ solutions could be to make more concessions to mods. Like, allowing to progress stuff even with mods (right now, we can earn experience in un-modded custom, but there has to be enough players, for earnings to be worthwhile).

1 Like

I have to agree with the bots being better then the lower 50% as I’ve started to see that after this post. some players just suck, are still new to the game and are trying to breeze through to a factions BR 5, or There’s not enough information out there. Either way, I’m usually on the short end of the stick because my teammates don’t mark, push objectives, build rallies, etc.

Just trying to get a common idea that most people have about this, I was having discussions with other people and they were saying bots needed to be completely eliminated from the game entirely.

I think if the bots are refined more they could easily hit the top 30%.

You know, adding up to it, I recently saw a quite successful game of PvE appear - Helldivers 2.
Obviously, enlisted as-is wouldn’t be able to properly offer similar experience, however, mods, if we ever get to large scale as this, can actually provide this:

We can create a retro-futuristic scenario setting where soviets (or, if you want to make it more spicy - axis) won the war, and basically went to expand beyond our homeworld.
We already have some of the assets needed - like the moon and Mars battle stuff.
All that is left is to create opponents (probably non-human) and things for players to do.