Which squad should I run with the Type Hei Automatic Rifle?

I am thinking of the following options:

1. 9-man rifleman squads seems to be the most obvious choice. But 1. It is too expensive to equip everyone with fully maxed out Type Heis. 2. It is going to be a very big target for all the HVAR spammers in the Pacific.
  2. 6-man engineer squad. 1. This also makes sense since you can’t go wrong with the engineers. 2. Plus the Type Hei has really low ammo (30/90). But it is a really small squad of 6 people as opposed to 7 or 9.
  3. Re-purposed assaulter squads. Just replace the assaulters with riflemans and that’s it. However, it feels weird to use an assaulter squad as a pseudo-AR squad.
    (P.S. I don’t like to use flamethrowers. Also should I dedicate a separate squad for the Type 100 MG as a F2P?)

just try a Type 100 MG that i manage to pick from dead soldier and it is bad like very BAD it doesnt shoot straight when stand it bullet goes everywhere but i didnt try when prone so maybe it work there (maybe it was un upgrade so guess i have to try it again when i research it)

3 Likes

well, rule of thumb ( at least for me inb4 clever * insert the most spicy member nickname here * will has something to say ), if you can’t get the best weapons for all troops, always give those said weapons to smaller squads that you have and/or squads that you are grinding in term of personell number.

so that at least you can trade off their numbers for efficiency and relatively level up somewhat faster said squad.

7 Likes

Yeah. I tried it out in the practice range. Not really impressed.

2 Likes

why not experiment with these?

You can always equip a radio squad first than switch to engineer or assaulter. As long as you start with smaller squads and gradually build biggers, you cant mess up.
9 men rifle squads are very OP in some situations, but usually they just get eaten by HE spam or a single automatic weapon in higher BRs so I dont recommend that.

5 Likes

What Erika said.

Partially equip smaller squads first. You don’t even really need to upgrade them though.

Prioritize ammo.

1 Like

I like the type 100 lmg personally, but it’s strengths are in cqb and spraying large areas with bullets; It’s pretty good at clearing out those grass huts quickly.

I had enough silver saved to just buy a bunch of the hei automatic rifles and hand them out to most of my troops, and I find they work well in most any situation. If you’re trying to consolidate them into one squad, you can just give them to as many people in your rifle squad as you can, and either leave out the rest, or give them other guns until you can afford to equip them all.

If you’re looking for a specialty squad, I also find they go well with the flamethrowers and APC squad.

1 Like

Yeah. I will use the radio squad to grab all the upgrades. But it seems like the engineer squad is the most versatile out of the lot.

Personally, Im using engineer squads much less than I used to before the merge, a good assaulter squad with 1 engineer or a well placed APC suficie for me.

I think it’s probably due to battles becoming more intense since they have more real players and I rarely find time to build anything other than rally or ammo box.

2 Likes

Normally I would equip all main squads with this weapon

Infantry regiments are better suited to anti-tank grenade rifles
Of course, you can also use automatic rifle assistance

Automatic rifle engineers are quite good

Transporters are also great for using automatic rifles
Because soldiers will use full-power bullets to destroy those enemies who have no eyesight.
And take advantage of quick maneuvers to go around to the side and deploy

1 Like

Yeah. The 9-man infantry squad is OP but from a strategic vantage point it is just a waste of tickets.

You waste the same amount tickets if you have a 4-man squad or a 9-man squad.

1 Like

Really? I thought that it depends on the number of soldiers in your squad.

Yeah. Small and tactical squads are much more useful in high BR.

Yeah. It seems similar to the MG-15 but with worse dispersion.

I see. But yeah the ammo count is an issue. That’s why I am inclined towards using the engineers.

It is too expensive to equip everyone with fully maxed out Type Heis

while true, the automatic type Hei is one of those weapons that is pretty decent without upgrades. Ignoring the damage, you don’t see that much of improvement in recoil, ROF and dispersion because of how good those stats already are.

Of course, if you have the silver or upgrade tickets you should upgrade them because of the damage but right now grinding the Japanese is pretty comfortable.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed info. Yeah. But I would say that the grind is a big difficult as well. Albeit from a different angle. The matches usually last for 10 mins with 2,000 battle score on average. This is not ideal at all.

Also, consider NOT giving them large ammo bags. They are worthless with engineers since they magically make ammo crates appear in seconds. Your 30/30 becomes 30/:infinity:. Better than 30/90
Bonus, engy squads can build all the best stuff.

It’s more useful to give them large backpacks so they can live longer.

Note: maximum build speed perk is required for this to become op.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it.

1 Like