Which is the best paratrooper squad in Enlisted?

Good day fellow enlisted enjoyers!

With the previous normandy paratroopers event just finished, I would like to know what were your thoughts about the differents paratrooper squads in the game (both Normandy and Pacific). Particularly, I wanted to know which of the squads could be considered as the best.

For me I only got the free british and german squad from the latest event. Between them, I think that the british is best due to their absurdly strong Vickers MG compared to the FG42 with its limited ammo and somewhat useless grenade launcher (I am not saying that they are bad by any means). But with the future merge, I would like to know how they compare to the other american, japanese and german paratroopers already in the game.

FG 42 Accuracy, performance at the highest level. Anyway, the helpers took away the request for extra ammo.

(TL,DR: so far Allied paras are better at cap brawling, Axis paras are better at mid range support.)

I only own the 4 free para squads too.

From this perspective, I think the absolute strongest squad MAY be the premium US one, mainly because the 100rds Thompson is a very strong base weapon that allows them to fight virtually at max potential even without resupplying at the crate.

The Vickers squad, apparently similar, is actually inferior because their base gun is severely limited by its own recoil. In any engagement beyond arm distance, the Lanchester from the crate is more manageable.

The event FG squad is a very good all-rounder imo, if the base weapon had more ammo I probably wouldn’t even bother picking a selection from the crate.

I suppose the premium Krieghoff squad plays similarly, plus more ammo.

Pacific paratroopers are definitely the weakest by comparison. Between those, I rate the Japanese squad better, because their base rifle is just more lethal and effective at all ranges, while the US squad is stuck with underpowered M1 carabines. Any other option than picking up assault loadout from the crate lets them outgunned.

4 Likes

the best ones are the ones you catch with machine guns.

3 Likes

i’m somewhat conflicted between the FG42 grenade launcher squad and the vicker squad.

two of the strongest squads paratroopers. i even dare to say stronger than premium squads and definitely stronger than pacific paratroopers.

but yeah, definitely it’s better the british one. and the fact that you can customize them, it’s even better. ( not so much for the german ones… i guess it’s still cool to disguise them as normal units, but … eh. customization is not on par as the other paratrooper units )

regarding the japanese and americans paratrooper squads as you are wondering:

here are the units:
USA with the M1A1 Carbine

they even get some cool customization:

( between sand uniform, thundra, summer and default jungle type )

the japanese gets a ba ( type 100 rifle ):

those got customizations too since the last update

the usa one are usually better in close range, which, right now, the pacific it’s not really the ideal place for them. you can still use them to flank and place rallies, but the ring sometimes it’s a draw back from close to mid ranges. which it’s ironic. since the m1 carbine is mainly designed for close to mid ranges.
it’s not bad, but not great either

the japanese paras are… not great.
the sight is odd and the time before each cycle is not great either. ( like, the bolt action feels slow and clunky )
you can relay on the paratrooper box to get better weapons, but compared to others, it’s a bit of a let down.

still, free rallies behind the enemy back is no " joking " matter.

but in terms of performance, it’s not overhall great.

at the end of the day, all para squads are extremely useful no matter their weapons. but of course, some are more than others.

and so far, normandy ones are powerful. ( and good looking )

2 Likes

I wonder how the merge will affect them, particularly for the US. They will have the ability to get 3 different paratrooper squads in the same line up, which could be quite no fun to fight against…

most likely, you will be able to cycle through non stop with paratroopers just like vehicles ( except vehicles, you kinda need premium and at least buy 2 additional slots )

before devs will actually introduce an anti measure.

( unless, it will be implemented before time. hard to tell. so far, they are kinda focused on the br placement. )

1 Like

British vicker is only good up close, 100 rounds is meaningless without good accuracy. The supply box weapons for brits are also mid with the only good ones being the lanchester smgs.
Fg42 nade launcher squad is very versatile. Very good rifles plus a fun surprise, and great supply box weapons.
Thompson 100 i think is a tier above it bc it gets bar from supply box and the 100 bullets can actually sometimes reach out past cqc.
Krieghoff FG squad is top of the line, great ammo great rifle, great supply box guns including another FG42.
But pacific paratroopers are the sexiest with their lightweight paratrooper specific gear.
GIB JUNGLE CARBINE PLS

2 Likes

Brits by far. If you practice enough with their lmg and somewhat control their recoil, they are devastating aq cqc
And better at long range simce its an mg .
Fg42 is good at long range at semi auto mod which hampers its firepower.
Also, ammo is low for fg42.
I dont say you cant hupothetically win against brits by using german paras but you have to be more slow and carefull with fg42.
If i storm into some place with full of enemies, its guaranteed that i can shred many of em before i killed with brits, i cant guarantee this with german paras. You have to be more, lets say “tactical” and calculated with your moves.

4 Likes