When will Japan get balanced?

Ive played a few games with Japan recently … there is no point atm.
overwhelming odds/super fast losses, no players for Nippon. Just give the Allies nukes and be done with it.

1 Like

Yup after almost reaching B3, I eventualy give up Japan and played USA and the experience is very different, Japan team is loaded with bots and USA is all players making the game easy.

In JAPAN i have 5 successive defeat and after playing 1 time in USA a BIG VICTORY.

I Think JAPAN is least favored rather than UNBALANCED.

1 Like

Later I will join USA and I don’t care anymore, or Join any team for entertainment.

This game is unbalanced due to the player base itself. And it’s an ancient tradition in enlisted for people to switch to the winning sides. And as far as I know people loves farming bots. I guess we are farmers after all.

3 Likes

It’s interesting to play for Japan, of course, I didn’t play it so much, but it made it clear that Japan would lose out to the United States in terms of weapons. What to talk about if even Ha-go does not have a land mine, when in reality it was. If Japan had a unique feature, in terms of suicide attacks, the game would look different
I use a translator

1 Like

Yes if they add the Japan with more numbers with a SUICIDE TROOPS and if ever they add Vietnam with pure Suicidal troops.

@Bigote0070 ban @Wieloglow, reel tawk.

1 Like

Dont cry… maybe one day you will also win as a Japan :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

It doesn’t affect me.

I was talking about your team sabotage, stop trying to dodge it.

2 Likes

Those all sound like good changes.

I think giving Japan more tickets/less ticket bleed (depending on game mode) and slightly faster cap times would help. Also adjusting their spawns a bit depending the map might help with the meat grinder situation. Other buffs to consider are making the Japanese wade through water faster, have their engineers build a tad faster, give the engineers a few more resources for fortifications and give the Japanese slightly more stamina or alternatively make them run slightly faster. I think giving a slight EXP bonus to the Tier 1 starter Japanese squads would help get the ball rolling on their tech trees too. The sights on the Japanese bolt action rifles also need a bit of an improvement.

Japan also obviously needs more things/abilities/buffs which were unique to them in the pacific war. Such as building traps (like the VC) and being able to climb and snipe from trees. I also recall a lot of the machine guns - the heavy machine guns particularly - having optics which nobody else was doing at the time which made them extremely effective. What the Japanese lacked in heavy armour and combined arms warfare they more than made up for it in other ways. It wouldn’t have been such a hard fought campaign otherwise. There’s also the fact that the pacific was and still is famously unsuited for heavy armour and the traditional combined arms warfare as seen in the European and North Africa fronts.

I would also change the progression and unlock tree. It is unbalanced compared to the yanks due where they’ve placed things on the tree and the XP requirements they’ve set to get them. Currently the stuff Japan has is barely even worth BR4 at least in terms of vehicles and aircraft and it takes too long to unlock some of the important stuff early on in Tiers 1 and 2. This is partly because of the tree and the lack of content but also because you just can’t get the same amount of XP as Japan most of the time since you’re usually getting waffle-stomped by the yanks. This then means nobody plays them because its not fun and too grindy, which then means you only get bots in your team which then makes for a harder steamroll, which discourages more players. It’s a cycle. I suggest the following additional changes:

1. The engineer squad with the Type 1 rifle needs to be a much quicker unlock being closer to the other Tier 1 rifles rather than at the end of Tier 1. That’s a huge imbalance right there alone.

2. The rest of the bolt actions need to be bunched up closer together in Tier 2 (although i’d argue the same for all the other factions).

3. Engineer Squad II needs to be a mid-late Tier 2 unlock.

4. The Type Ko rifle needs to be moved from premium into Tier 3 or 4.

5. Radio Operator II needs to be a Tier 3 unlock.

6. Machine Gunner II needs to be unlockable at the start of Tier 3.

7. The MP-28 needs to be brought down to the very start of Tier 2. The rest of the SMGs need to be bumped back 1 step. The Type 1 SMG needs to be added to Tier 3 to pad out the tree more.

8. The knee mortar needs to be unlockable sooner, right after the Type 97 AT rifle. Again why tf can the yanks unlock their mortar sooner than the Japs?

9. The Type 5 rocket launcher needs to be brought back to the very start of Tier 2 and everything else in that tree afterwards needs to be unlockable 1 step earlier. Further, the Type 5 and Type 4 rocket launchers need to be swapped around, or their stats/performance values need to be changed. The yanks can unlock the Bazooka at the start of Tier 2, the Japanese need to unlock their equivalent at the same time.

10. The Ha-Go, Ke-Ni and Ka-Mi need to be quicker unlocks with the Ka-Mi put right next to the Ha-Go and Ke-Ni in the unlock tree. The Ho-Ni 1 needs to be swapped with the Ho-I and the Ho-I should be unlocked right after. The Ho-Ni III needs to be put in the end of Tier 2 and the Chi-Ha short gun should be placed at the start of Tier 3. The Na-To should be moved to the end of Tier 3.

11. The Ka-Chi, Chi-Ha and Chi-He need to be moved out of the premium tier and back into the tank tech tree where they should be. The Japanese are so scant on armoured vehicles and tanks already and yet they go separate out half of the only decent ones into microtransactions unbalancing the entire faction? **** off.

12. The A5M4 should be a much quicker unlock right next to and after the E13A1 and the D3A1 needs to be moved to Tier 1. The rest of the planes should be moved to Tier 2 and 3.

There’s also so many other tanks and vehicles that Darkflow could have added. I have no idea why they thought it was a good idea to give the Japanese **** all. Just to list them, there’s the: Shinhoto Chi-Ha, Type 89 I-Ro, Ke-To, Type 97 Te-Ke, Ho-Ni II, Type 4 Ho-Ro, Naval 12cm SPG Type 97, Type 98 Chi-Ho, Type 98 AAG, Ka-Mi. These might not be enough to take Japan into Tier 5 (they didn’t keep up with the arms race in Europe), but it would certainly pad out the vehicle tree and balance things out a bit more. There’s also a ton of experimental and prototype vehicles that can be relegated to premium microtransactions instead.

Likewise there’s a metric ton of aircraft they could have given the Japanese but they didn’t. All the assets exist for them but they just didn’t bother. It’s just laziness. Too many to list here but the Japanese should have had them already. Japanese planes could probably stretch into Tier 5 although it’d also probably be pointless.

A few other small-arms should be added as well, such as the Type 1, 2 and 100 TERA rifles, the Type 44 carbine, the Kar 98K, Vz. 24, Type 30 and 35 rifles, MP.18, MP.34, Mauser C96 machine pistol (with stock and long barrel), 81mm recoilless rifle, 10.5cm recoilless rifle. The Type 92 machine gun (Japanese made Lewis machine gun) can be added as a premium weapon/squad.

With all of this plus your suggestions and a few other suggestions from other people, I’d think people would play the Japanese again.

2 Likes

I was playing Tier 4 Japan just now and we were winning all the time, whether the enemy was wearing a gold badge or not.
Perhaps, but it seems that American veterans are intentionally avoiding playing at Tier 3 and 4 and fighting at Tier 2.

4 Likes

I suspect that those American teams were filled with mostly bots. I’ve had more and more games lately even as the Americans where it was nothing but bots. In fact I’ve had an increasing amount of games as the Germans, yanks and Japanese where both teams were nothing but bots and the entire game was practically a stalemate because nobody was doing anything.

Are you playing solo or with a squad?

Both.
When played as a team, the battle is too one-sided and continuous. When played solo, it improves a bit, but still wins constantly.

are you playing it rn? maybe i might come across you today (if we are on the same server)

1 Like

Wow blow my mind of your Winrate