What happened to the I-16 Premium squad?

I am aware that on the merge a lot of equipment and Premium squads we’re removed from the game to be merged into the Nation tech trees, but one squad i dont seem to understand for being removed was the I-16 Premium squad, it hasn’t been added since and has been laying dorment and rather not discussed about. It could have a been a great Starter Premium for early BR matches, so why did it get removed? was it really that bad of a Aircraft?

Extremely OP fighter. I could easily fight even BR5 planes with it when I got to BR5 match due to the bug.

I am pretty glad it is rare at this point.

Such a pretty bird to, would have loved to have this. There we’re lots of cool intresting squads that we’re removed that could have stayed in the Soviet tech tree, including the Valentine tank.

1 Like

I hope that we will also see it in the allied tree at some point

Oh I don’t remember this one at all what’s it armament?

I think it had some rbs 82 rockets and machineguns. Pretty similar with the I-15

1 Like

well, you kinda answered the question your self.

it was removed before the merge.

i guess sort of a " last deal " / " super rare " legacy squad.

although, it might appear in the future though.

after all, the merge is fairly recent, and they aren’t gonna bring those squads back unless quite some time has passed.

1 Like

These squads make great deals in my opinion, but i suppose removing them to not crowd up the store is fair to put in new content, tho having this appear every or so month would’t be so bad to have players return to the game.