Weird Japanese Army

The Japanese army appears in a variety of media, but for some reason they are all weird. :joy:
D7GTmP7VsAEvT6K (1)

bandicams2018-07-24s23-56-55-722
D7GSu1GVUAAK5-_ (1)

1809240800_1-714x402
mv73257_60132588521d1630ed1bdd9fec64584957187
karasawa480-1_large

r1280x720l

The Japanese faction of the game has a large number of Japanese players.
Most of them, I believe, are attracted by the “comparative” historical accuracy of the Japanese forces in the game.
However, I am a bit concerned about the future of the game, as it has become clear in recent months that prototypes and fictional weapons will be added to the game. :thinking:

5 Likes

i am going to honest that tommy with the ppsh mag, i think it’s ppsh, looks great

3 Likes

At the time of WW2, such modified tommys were used by the Chinese military.
The Japanese soldiers in the photo may be set up as being equipped with those captured items.
Well, it might have been possible, but in any case, their equipment is a fictitious setup. :thinking:
This is close to what Enlisted is trying to do at this time. :joy:

3 Likes

You’re wrong, friend. This is a product of China’s improvement of old weapons during the Cold War to counter the threat from the United States and the Soviet Union, in order to achieve logistical compatibility. These guns were rented during the filming of movies and TV shows.

Okay?
The Chinese made several of their own Thompson copies in WW2, so I thought it might be part of that.
Well, I am not really interested in what that gun is, but either way, the Japanese soldier in the photo is still a fantasy.

The Chinese gun has a small article on Forgotten weapons - apparently genuine Thompson modified to fire 7.62 x 25 due lack of .45 after hte PRC came to power.

Most of hte info is in the comments

2 Likes

weird is pretty subjective. They were winning in china till the a bomb. That said, we got infiltrated, and bombed by a full team of Japan aces in a game :slightly_smiling_face: :saluting_face:. They know how to use assets available.

That was inevetable.
Japanese army wasn’t the most modern so the only way to make it competetive (in case of symetrical balance) against more technologically advanced US is to give them some BS prototype weapons.

That’s why I dislike pacyfic war portrayed in most games. It’s not ww2, it’s a light dieselpunk.

1 Like

Japan was in full win mode in china till the very end. You are just hand fed crap history.

That a fanciful bit of alternate history - did you make it up or did you get it from Fox News??

The last 2 major campaigns in China were Japan’s failed invasion of West Hunan, and China’s reconquest of the last of occupied Guanxi - it’s history bitch - go read it.

aw - someone got his feelings hurt 'cos he was wrong and blocked me!!
Can play this game all day…

1 Like

Meanwhile the Japanese media:

1 Like

Yeah.
I understand that artillery firepower is the mainstay of real infantry units, and small arms are used to finish their work, and Japanese army in historical reality did not prioritize small arms because they had few available resources.
So it is difficult to express the true value of the Japanese army in an FPS game that focuses on the phase of fighting with small arms, If you try to make the Japanese military symmetrical with the US, which has more small arms than the Japanese, the level of fantasy will inevitably increase.
I liked the game balance of RO2/Rising Storm. Instead of giving the Japanese soldiers prototype firearms, they balanced it by giving them a fantasy called Banzai Charge that buffed health. It was also a good balance to only give the Japanese troops additional mortars. I liked it.
Enlisted also had some interesting asymmetries, for example the US in Normandy didn’t have tanks that could compete with the Tigers, but had good “Jabo” instead.
It would have been more interesting if the Japanese forces in Enlisted had stayed as historical as possible and balanced the US forces in an asymmetrical way.

Needless to say, Golden Kamui is a total fantasy Anime. :joy:
Everything from the depiction of the Japanese military to the depiction of the Ainu is fantasy.
I won’t go into detail, but it was an anime that had mixed reviews even in Japan. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know that the Japanese military depicted in Japanese movies is also filled with fantasy.
Japan may be the country that depicts the “Greater Japanese Empire” in the most fantasy way.
In Japanese society, topics about Japan during the war are generally frowned upon. That’s why when you write about war, it becomes extremely paranoid, dramatic, and fantasy-like.
Nor does society condemn it. Most Japanese people have no interest in the military. :neutral_face:

The depictions of the Japanese military in Japanese movies from the 1950s and 1960s, which were produced by the generation that actually experienced the war, were wonderful. Both the screenwriter and director had war experience, and the actors were actually men who had served in the Japanese army. And the people watching it had also experienced war.

But most of those people are already old or dead.

So, the Japanese military depicted in modern Japan is like a virgin’s depiction of naked women.

Since Japan itself does not have a correct historical perspective, Japanese people may not be able to criticize overseas TV shows and movies that only depict strange Japanese soldiers. :joy:
MP28

1 Like

In historical fact, the Japanese forces were unable to bring China to its knees.
The Japanese may have had the upper hand at the beginning of the war, but they were unable to hold the occupied territories and continued to skirmish with the Chinese for an extended period of time.
If they had really been able to overwhelm their Chinese , there would have been no need to attack Pearl Harbor.
The prolonged Sino-Japanese war and economic sanctions made it difficult to continue the war, so the Japanese invaded Southeast Asia and began war against the British and Americans.
In other words, Japan started a war against China but could not win, so it decided to start a war against the U.S. and Britain. :rofl:
This was a political decision that the leaders of Japan at the time were desperately trying to come up with, but from my perspective today, it seems insane. :disappointed: