Weapons for Japan BR 5

With the revelation of Japan entering BR 5 in the near future much concern have developed amongst forum members. On one hand people dispute the idea of Japan moving up to the top tier, pointing out that Japan would not stand a chance against BR5 USA as they have lack luster equipment in comparison to the US, on the other hand those who do not care as much about historical accuracy wonder what weapon could be added for Japan to reduce the gap in weapon technology.

Regardless of the disagreement both side seek an answer, and I’m here to tell you that the answer is right in front of our faces.

Japan BR5 LMG

Akimbo Type 99 LMG.

By allowing the soldier to dual wield the Type 99 LMG, this would effectively double the magazine capacity to 60 rounds. On maximum upgrade the Akimbo Type 99 LMG would be able fire at 1760 rpm, outperforming even the MG 15 in rate of fire, and thus will be the magnum opus of LMG in the game.

I think the main reason why people worry about Japan entering BR5 is due to the announcement that the Pershing and the Super Pershing is in development for the USA. I am again here to tell you that there is a Japanese answer to that problem.

Japan BR5 AT weapon

100 mm Nambu Type 14 Pistol.

Increasing the scale of the Nambu Type 14 bullet by a factor of 12.3 would increase the bullet mass from 6.6 g to a monstrous 12.28 kg solid shot.

According to my careful calculation, assuming the bullet velocity is unchanged the kinetic energy of the 12.28 kg solid shot would be greater than at least twice to the kinetic energy of the 6.6 g bullet. Such magnificent weapon would be the first choice of the IJA AT crew in dealing with the Pershing and its variant.

6 Likes

I love the sarcastic tone of the post but Japan has enough weapons to go to BR 5 do I want it to go BR 5? NO but devs seem to think it should anyway

BR5 lmg for Japan (real) type 92 (Lewis gun copy)/ type 89 TE-4 (Denner plate with 69 rounds)

BR5 AT for Japan (real) type 4 launcher with 90 mm rocket, has 120mm of pen, more than m9 bazooka

Not to mention a lot of SMGs we can put in BR5
Type 2 B (named by the British troops) or Type 2 A model 1942, can be fed 30 or 50-round mag and has 820 rpm

Tokyo Arsenal model 1928 chambered in 6.5 or 7.7 or 7x20mm Nambu with drum mag that’s right there four smgs for BR 5

for AR we can add Sig KE 7 (captured) or Shisei Type Hei model 1934

for select fire, we can add Shisei Type Hei model 1934 with 20 rounds or a Japanese redesign of Federov
(Japanese redesign of Fedorov)

for planes, we have a lot of options for BR5 from planes that can carry rockets to huge bombs

Japan in BR5 will only struggle with tanks

Japan had very good selp propelleds actually.
Problem is they have thin amor and not good at anti infantry roles.
Only solution i can think of is big maps.
These vehicles were not meant to fight in 50-100 meter average engagement distances.
Same goes for american self propelleds.
People say they are trash because one can not use them in any meaningfull way in current maps

Yes, these suggestions make as much sense as Darkflow thinking that every faction needs 5 tiers. I support this idea:)