Weapon weight & Sprint speed

I always found it odd that the Johnson LMG puts a 25% sprint reduction on a soldier even though it weighs significantly less (5.9kg) than the other LMG’s with the same reduction. The same goes for the premium Colt monitor which has the same weight and decrease. The W.A.R. however, gives a 20% decrease even though it weighs 7.25kg.

There are more peculiar inconsistencies. The Soviet SMG PP Shpitalniy 1940, which comes in at 5.3kg, gives a 20% decrease to sprint speed even though the LAD with the 150 round magazine and 7.63kg has no sprint spread reduction whatsoever. The RD-44 which comes in at 7.4kg has a 20% sprint speed reduction.

It would be fair for the Johnson LMG and Colt Monitor to modify their sprint speed reduction to 15% or at least 20% to bring it line with the others.

10 Likes

Agree. Devs should make sprint penalties connected to weight. Now it’s just picked by hand at random.

7 Likes

That’s what happens when you are 0.4kg off

Federov MG has 5.5 kg and -0% Sprint speed penalty

1 Like

iirc they are connected with weight(at least for most guns), just you need to factor in gun+default ammo, but i could be wrong.

Last time I checked it was somewhat conected to weight but there were so many exeptions I wouldn’t call it a rule.

i remember checking some MG with their ammo and it was somewhat accurate with weight range. idk about other guns

1 Like

Then maybe it’s consistent with MGs only?

when in doubt @Euthymia07

1 Like

Also 10kg type hei lmg gets no reduction at all

2 Likes

cause it is type hei AR with shield masked as lmg.

It should be nerfed and put into br 5. I own it and it feels way too overperforming for br 4. It is literally on the same br as type 4

1 Like

Well, literally nobody is playing pure BR4 jap lineup. So it doesn’t really matter.
But it’s bizarre decision nevertheless. It’s obvious BR5 weapon.

1 Like

My daily soviet bias alarm is triggering again

2 Likes

Don’t blame Soviets. They’re are well and properly balanced. It’s not their fault balance of all other factions just suck.

I mean sprint speed isn’t a massive balance factor for MGs, its however all those little arbitrary things that constantly surprise me.

And Type Hei LMG even tho it weights like 15-20kg due to the shield doesn’t slow you down at all not even 1%.

1 Like

Now you know why i always have that op squad in my lineup it’s a pretty much upgraded Fedorov with better recoil

Soviet bias doesn’t exist. It’s all just wehraboo whining.
Even if stats say russians have advantage, axis has king tiger and that explains everything.

5 Likes

Oh yeah that thing could stop even 10 Atomic bombs just by looking at the planes carrying it’s payload. :rofl:

Stalinium disagrees with you.

Well to be fair Tiger II H is indeed OP - as it should be realistically speaking, however I have been complaining about that since day one of it being announced.

Stats matter, cuz if they wouldn’t, just give FG42 20 dmg, since … you know, it kills ( apparently ) with one shot anyways, what could possibly go wrong?

There are certain balance logics and rules so to speak that exist for a reason, Soviet gear however is constantly performing on this thin line of breaking the rules without being noticed.