We have updated the "Lone Fighters" mode. Leave your Feeedback

In Lone Fighters mode you can now select members of your group as a spawn point. The group can be composed of your friends or random players. Each group member will have their own number displayed on the map and spawn selection window.

Leave your FEEDBACK here plz

1 Like

Currently the gamemode lacks a large enough playerbase to fully fill matches.

Because of this, balance and win rate is solely determined by the amount of players vs bots on each side and makes proper testing hard.

6 Likes

i recently noticed the changements made on the UI interfface in the lone fighter mode, now, with numbers on the squad you can see who is a player, and who is not recognizing where is your friend. helpfull to coordinate better with your teammates!.

otherwise… bots are just deadly. but still walks in a line togheter.
kinda like me and my friends going for shopping. or more like we used to do in the past.
but that’s another story.

and last thing, respawn on friendlys it’s not a good thing to be honest. it somewhat replace the enginner rally point.

anyway, yeah, i kinda agree with cat. we still lacks of number. but i start to enjoy this gamemode because it’s also usefull for the soldiers to increase their experience.

i’ll update if i’ll notice something different ^^

2 Likes

It is an issue of trying to test yet another game mod (that is dividing the playerase) when the previous mod or the game as a whole suffer from other decision/design issues that still aren’t attended that the community have long since spoke about.

I think the attention should be solely put to fix those issue & further develop them, for the different game modes I would say, when still the original game mode still suffer some times from one side completely dominating due to bots filling one team where is the logic of introducing another one?, had those match where bots involved (even at minor capacity) are taking into factor when trying to balance stuff?.

I would say enable just one of the modes if you are keen on testing them to at least get as far accurate data as possible, the lone fighters mode to me seems better suited toward an event that comes every once in a while than something beside the squad mode (which is selling point of the game).

Because there were a lot of complaints about AI and this mode seeks to remedy it by simply not having AI squadmates.

Yet it completely fails at doing so as there isn’t a large enough playerbase to not have bots in the mode xD

1 Like

Yeah this is the point, if you are playing against bots then where is the logic?. Still, the squad system is one of the game’s selling points.

Agreed, I love my bot squad for all their jank. Gives them personality.

Though would think the point of lone fighters isn’t to avoid bots entirely, but specifically squadmate bots who’ll broadcast your position by being as conspicuous as possible as they follow you around.
Of course in squad mode I just behave differently depending on how many of my bots are left alive. Sneaky-breeki only starts when the squad is down to 2 or 3.

2 Likes

Well they don’t signal your location since they will be left behind by simply spring & that could be done even by carrying LMG without any modifier to your run/spring & they would be left way behind, this is mostly due to 2 things, their navigating & them dragged to aim on the run once they spot an enemy at whatever range, still you can order them to stay at one place & more far enough so they couldn’t attract attention to you locating & that is best implied in buildings so they could be used as extra lives on demand very close to your action area.

The AI would be of 2 status without a third, either something that is easily handled & really dumb to behave adequately, or completely superior to humans. & this signals that it way too early to test another mode or just wrong with such smaller size test playerbase.

This is much more like Red Orchestra 2 where we can spawn in one of ur member group iirc

18 v 18 is to few players for this game mode and a squad of four working together would dominate and destroy everything

In any PvP game, 4 players working toghetter will dominate 4 random players. Teamwork can and should be rewarded.

1 - If this is the same as BF 2 system I urge you to retire this group spawn mechanic, the engineer mobile spawn is enough trust your game design!
But you should do a few adjustments like by having unlimited rebuilds of the spawn point(of course this would destroy the last one), this would make movement for the team on the map much for fluid.
With this change I also believe every squad should have 1 Engineer position to allow this team work gameplay. For engineer squads, you could differentiate by giving more resources to build or even constructions that would required multiple engineers to finish.

To go a little deeper in the group spawn first introduce in a multiplayer environment in BF 2, globally it does more harm to the competitiveness and to the strategic layer of the game.
Since if one of your friends stays out of the fight you can keep fighting forever. The impact of surrounding your enemy is reduce like destroying the Anti-Tank element, draining them of supplies and reducing the importance of flanking maneuvers and surprised attacks this also imho lowers too much the bar in coordination and teamwork. You want players to work together to go engineer help place spawn point in a good location, defend them, etc…

2 - And Please, Please I beg you to remove BOTS from Lone Fighters… Leave bots for Squads mode. I want to play full PvP game, your maps have traditional level design this is made for PvP games not big squads of AI soldiers. You have so much cover that AI cheats makes it so frustrating.
Also I want to have real humen and not fight the computer who will always cheat.

Bots are seriously affecting my enjoyment of the game.

2 Likes

There’s not even enough players to fill the more popular mode that is squad. Therefore, you can’t expect more than 2-3 players in a lone fighter game atleast for now. There is also the faction favoratism which leaves one faction without enough players and bots have to be used to populate games.

This will most likely go away once there is more players. Wait for it or get used to shooting bots.

Works on Warthunder… I don’t care if it’s 1 vs 1 but bots drivers PvPs players away…

The fact that this game mode is hidden doesn’t help as well.

You know War Thunder has always used bots when player counts were low. Just the player counts aren’t low anymore except for naval which is full of bots.

Never seen in ground forces… bots are only placed afaik when players leave the match in the early stages.

:joy: I just remember when Kursk had AI artillery and atgs damn that suck and was so annoying !

Hello, the game is amazing and got a lot of potential, Ithink you should only increase how many players can be on a server, in squad mode you should see how the AI from the game “Operation flashpoint red river” works ( I am talkin about the commands ) and also the game “Brothers in arms series” that would be it, thanks for reading. #LetsgetEnlisted