Was manchuria ever officially confirmed to be coming?

Again they really need to clarify what battlefield and Frontline mean in enlisted term cause this is ridiculous how can both be map (for ally vs German or Russian vs German) and not being new faction vs faction (aka jap vs Russian) it just doesn’t make sense to me

frontline is new campaign, battlefield is new map.

1 Like

Well according to enlisted community apparently not

Anyway I said what I thought before which is Frontline = Manchuria (hope)

New battlefield = France/Italy

And that it for me

They never used them frontline before. So it’s all just your speculation.

cause DF/gaijin cant have faction without long grind, so they will fill it up with paper. i would have liked if japan was max BR3 faction cause it really didnt have any business in BR4+ cause it had neither good SA nor good automatic rifles.

they used battlefield which means new map and campaign in new format term before. frontline cant be anything but new campaign.

2 Likes

But wouldnt that mean we will get a Japan campaign because they have the easiest grind on a technical level rn.

It can be completely new format.

well i am expecting next campaign to contain japan in some way (whether burma or manchuria or whatever else) with lots of paper added to their tech tree.

idk what new format you are expecting considering we have lots of campaigns in the game already.

Well, I’m not the one who presents his own speculation as fact.

idk what is speculation considering that we already have well defined structure of campaign/maps
campaign = big map pack with same theme that contains lots of individual maps
battlefield = individual map

only thing i speculate here is what battle will they actually add as new campaign.

1 Like

Exactly, they named Rzhev “a new battlefield”.

(new set of missions (invasion / conquest / assault) in the city of Rzhev)

So it is obvious that frontline means something bigger than that.

Yes, you said it all. We have campaigns. And devs were using term campaigns even after merge.

Frontline is completely new term without any context whatsoever.
You are just speculating that frontline and campaign are the same. But you have literally nothing to back up such claim. Why? Because we have literally zero information about what term “frontline” stands for.

That’s it.

They haven’t confirmed anything about Manchuria except a lazy event. Anything else is just wishful thinking and a lot of cope.

Rezevh is unified with Stalingrad for simplicity, that’s why is both battlefield and campaign just see it as Stalingrad extension, as new Georgia is for the Pacific

The new format of frontline still isn’t showed up, but anyway shouldn’t be different by a new set of themed map as usual, I don’t expect grand things for this

have you ever worked with marketing? do you think that “campaigns in a new form” is good term to use? they just renamed it for convenience sake.

also like gastano mentioned you can see battlefields as extension to old campaigns. problem is that old campaigns naming sucks so we will probably see it renamed to appropriate frontlines in near future.

just want to give you example:
invasion of normandy - battlefield hurtgen forrest.
this should be
western (late war) frontline - battlefield hurtgen forest

or
battle of stalingrad - battlefield rzhev
renamed
eastern (mid war) frontline - battlefield rzhev

it doesnt make sense for battlefield that has nothing to do with campaign to be added in that campaign, so renaming is in due order.

It would definitely be better to stick with the term “campaign”. Rather than come up with a new term that would just replace an established one. And yet it would not really change anything at all.

campaign as a term doesnt work anymore. what do battle of stalingrad and rzhev have in common?

campaigns worked when you had e.g. stalingrad and tractor factory. but what does rzhev have to do with stalingrad or battle of hurtgen forest have to do with invasion of normandy. they needed a new name for structure that will tie maps to factions and BR. that is why you have rzhev in battle of stalingrad currently as stopgap solution.

Term frontline doesn’t work for them either. So I really don’t understand your point.

Stalingrad/Rzhev campaign is exactly the same nonsense as Stalingrad/Rzhev frontline lol. It’s illogical in both cases.

Frontline isn’t logical either if happens to be just a new big themed map back like rezhev, it should have something more like a new faction or a new game mode who unify different map for be unique

it is not if it is named eastern mid war frontline. ffs whole soviet germany war is called eastern front
Eastern Front (World War II) - Wikipedia so it is not like it is some nonsense.

1 Like