Veteran boxes

why?

Honestly, let’s face it. What about the content? What will be in them?

From what I heard it will contain most stuff earlier acquirable from events:
Personally, I have no problem they re-running old (now un-obtainable) event squads/weapons.
But including fairly non-important flashy things like name-decorators and profile pictures seems very unnecessary. It’s one of few things that have an affectionate value to veterans. And some sort of an accolade/“reward” for those who have been sticking around for a long time. Please don’t consider adding stuff like that in the box.

However. Let’s take a look on these boxes. How will they work?
In my opinion they’re just completely pointless.

It’s shrimple; this is how they can work:

1. The veteran box will be truly tailor-made and unique for each player giving you prizes you don’t already have.
    A big win for most older players who get stuff they don’t have, but also - they don’t have to play any upcoming events anymore since they can get them via the box in the future! Obviosuly a horrible solution for DF/GJN who will lose out on players gaming during the event. So this solution is not likely.

For example, I only missed out on one event (Charlton boys). If the box is tailor-made I would get that specific squad for certain when buying the box

1. The veteran box will be completely RNG and give you random prizes regardless of what you own

Obviously utter trash for most older players/veterans who just happened to waste silver/RP on a copy/paste squad/weapon they already own. What’s the point of wasting resources on loot boxes like this. It will only create frustration if anything.

For example, the risk is insanely high I will get a reward I already own. Like a second SAS Sten squad … I don’t want a copy of it …

What about new players?

These boxes will, from what I understand, be crazy expensive. Why waste a lot of silver on a complete RNG loot box if you don’t know what you’ll get?

My suggestion:
Don’t implement this garbage. It would be better if they made players able to pick and choose their event prize during a normal event instead of implementing these veteran boxes.

What do you think?
(I put in mess room since it’s hard to discuss a feature we don’t know that much about)

6 Likes

I’m okay with them in principle, as long as the player can sell what they don’t want, either for a decent sum of silver, or a (very) small amount of gold.

6 Likes

haven’t heard anything about a sell-mechanic tho

1 Like

Veteran’s box… - a box with a random event squad or weapon… purchasable for a gold or silver.

It is a needed feature, because not everyone plays the game from a beginning and new players also deserve right to have event paratroopers and others.

1 Like

Other possibilities have been discussed as well, it’s not a bad idea, but forcing players to gamble is a fundamentally flawed idea.

It would be better if players could buy certain rewards rather than gamble.

8 Likes

How to earn money then ?

Fact that the box will be available for a silver is already botched as most of event squads are far better than premiums.

For me it is just another sad example of players greediness.

Not necessarily?

It’s all how they package it. Doesn’t look very promising in my opinion.

Ye, like wtf.

2 Likes

Yes, they should introduce something like legacy shop. Which could include old event squad (older than one year, so there would be still some kind of time exclusivity for people who are participating in events), legacy squads and maybe some old event weapons (that’s debatable, since they can be recycled for those small 6 days events).
And they should come up with some special currency for this shop. (Which they could give out in some veteran events, like in special clan mode etc.) + they could also allow conversion of premium currency or high amounts of silver currency to this special legacy currency.
Easy profit.

8 Likes

I think it is a good idea, f🙂ck FOMO

but you have no idea what you gonna get?

you might get a copy of what you already own?

You wanna spend 1000k on a duplicate squad?!

This could be an idea.

5 Likes

If we can sell a squad for 10k silver we can buy a past event squad for 10k right?

1 Like

Sounds promising, but I’m afraid that’s a bit too sophisticated coding at this stage. I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

I heard it was more with research point in the reserve

What research points ?

“Veteran’s Box with old event rewards for Silver”

2 Likes

Often times there is wishful thinking going on and players tell each other things that were never officially stated.
It’s best to only expect solid promised things like the road map and only hope for the rest.

That’s assuming that they won’t be a timed FOMO just like WT boxes that come only for a week or two 2-4 times a year.

What they mentioned in their economic article last time
The experience gained after overflow may be related to the veteran box.

1 Like

I have millions in silver to spend on some event squads that I was foolish not to acquire.
So I cant wait until the box is here!

The box should not be RNG imho.
I agree that getting event stuff from the box could prevent participation in events for some.
Perhaps there should be some delay or something…
Like if something is an event reward now, it wont appear in the box for another X days/months/years.