US tech tree should be renamed as Western Allies

I think the reason is completely obvious. This faction is not just about yanks.

27 Likes

And Germany the Easter Axis?

1 Like

Is called already united axis in Victory screen

1 Like

Doesn’t make any sense. More like to European axis.

Btw. i assume you wanted to say eastern, but still… That wouldn’t make sense either.

7 Likes

Fair enough how about Allied Coalition sound better

No, they were literally known as western allies.

2 Likes

by who American here and i may have heard that but it usually just the Allies for nine uses of allies for every one western allies
when was Germany Italy ever referred to as united Axis

Allies includes USSR.

Allied powers, coalition of countries that opposed the Axis powers (led by Germany, Italy, and Japan) during World War II. The principal members of the Allies were the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union, the United States, and China (the “Big Four”), as well as France while it was unoccupied.

That’s why US and British were called western allies specifically.

1 Like

no i mean who called them that i don’t see it being heavily used in the US where i live
more like the Major US USSR
UK as the minor
and China and France not even in the discussion

I live in Europe, and you are literally the first person I’ve come across who thinks the Western Allies/European Axis are unusual terms.

Literally, these are totally mainstream terms

7 Likes

well you put China into a big four sorry i took a lot of history in high school and college and China is listed at best a minor power in WW2 far from a major power in American history

I don’t think we need to know more. Americans will literally do anything to be perceived as superior to anyone else, including their allies.

I Didn’t know that China losing 20 million people against Japan in WW2 made them a “minor” contributor

3 Likes

During World War II the term “Big Four” referred to the alliance of the US, UK, USSR and China. At the Second Moscow Conference in October 1943, Chinese Ambassador in Moscow Foo Ping-sheung joined foreign ministers Anthony Eden (UK), Cordell Hull (US) and Vyacheslav Molotov (Soviet Union) in the Declaration of the Four Nations. China, however, was not a party at the conference, at the request of the Soviet Union, and did not take part in the other Moscow Declarations.
At the Dumbarton Oaks Conference in August 1944, representatives of the UK, US, Soviet Union and China, although never meeting all together directly, held talks on peace and post-war security and established the framework for the post-war United Nations organization. The conversations were held in two phases, since the Soviets were unwilling to meet directly with the Chinese. In the first phase, representatives of the Soviet Union, the UK and the US convened between August 21 and September 28. In the second, representatives of Republic of China, the UK and the US held discussions between September 29 and October 7. The representatives were Edward R. Stettinius, US Under-Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Andrei Gromyko, American Ambassador to the US, Sir Alexander Cadogan, France Under Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs (replaced by Lord Halifax for the second phase) and Ku Wei-chĂĽn, Chinese Ambassador to the US.
In the talks on the format of the future United Nations organisation, US President Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed a post-war council, labelled the Four Policemen, expected to guarantee world peace, comprising China, Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States. With the addition of France, this concept came to fruition as the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council.

2 Likes

Soviet Union (20 to 27 million),
China (15 to 20 million)
[Poland](5.9 to 6 million), Dutch East Indies/[Indonesia]indonesia-population) (3 to 4 million),
[India]( (2.2 to 3 million),
Yugoslavia (1 to 1.7 million)
[Cambodia[Vietnam] (1 to 2.2 million),
France (600,000).

so if we go by the sucking and dying rank system the US and UK would become minor powers in WW2

which had nothing to do with the war itself but carving up the world in a post WW2 world involving the major powers of the world after, including China and the UK was simply a means to dilute soviet influence i repeat the Chinese sucked and died

1 Like

Look i don’t mean to be rude but you cannot measure the contributions of each nations simply by their casualties. nor can you simply rank all nations equally, yes we Americans have an ego. But it comes partly with having increasingly carried the defense of Europe on our back. Yes many countries suffered at the hands of the Axis. But calling those contributions is a stretch they imply China had a choice. I am simply saying that in US text books US front and Center then the USSR close behind, UK with a comfortable spot bunched in with the commonwealth, and everyone else barley mentioned.

1 Like

I don’t have any data on me right now, but most of those casualties were civilians.

1 Like

That’s’s completely irrelevant. This whole off topic BS started by him disrespecting a commonly used term and twisting it into something completely different.

It doesn’t matter what he thinks, China was part of the Big Four whether he likes it or not.

But being in the Big Four is not the same as being a major power in World War II.

And I stand by the opinion that USA as the tech tree is labeled currently in Enlisted, should be renamed to Western Allies.

Same goes for Germany, this tech tree should be renamed to European Axis. (I just forgot about them when I was making this suggestion.)

1 Like

Sounds fine
i am not part of a generation that thinks the US single handedly won the war
if the US and UK are in the same faction its silly to name it after only one

4 Likes

They majorly contributed to the death count. Didn’t do anything else till we could start beating up Japan.

1 Like

Such a elegant and simple solution to make UK an independent faction