US Independence Day

Truly an event reward appropriate for the day of American Independence. Thank you for drawing a wonderful picture of Old Glory with her soldiers, sailors, and pilots.

November 10, 2024, is the USMC birthday. Then would be the perfect time to have the M2 Stinger as an event weapon again.

I honestly expected the Stinger to be a Premium or Event squad fully decked out because exactly six were made. Would’ve been perfect for an MG squad!

soo are you going to change the stinger to use 100rnd boxes? because the marines used 100rnd boxes on the M2 stinger and nobody ever carried the M2 stinger into battle with a 200rnd box? the gun would still be plenty powerful being an m1919 with two times the fire rate

1 Like

shhhh…opening the door for mg 42 250 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The “kill 120 enemies with MG” task in the 3rd phase is just cherry on the cake.

What better way to put our brand new first Stinger to good use?

1 Like

I wish. Ideally with >1100 rof.

ideally with complete redesign of MG mechanic.

1 Like

Ideally. But personally I don’t believe it will happen.

1 Like

I cant see any excuse standing after the introduction of the stinger. Precedent is set, Id say its fair game now

1 Like

Yea Germany will need it 200+ round mg either as event or eventually TT in the future

What a monster!

Shame it sounds like a MG34.

I suggest it to be changed.

3 Likes

quality as usual

1 Like

I have a question, if I buy all the tasks on the fifteenth. How many would that be?

1 Like

waiting for the task to be update (so in 3 hour 16m at the time this message was made) almost make me wish paratrooper assault set count as mg gunner kill (unless it does? idk Euthy said it cosmetic so whatever that mean)

Got my first Stinger.

Unfortunately the first match where I brought it was a quick landslide for the Japanese, so I hadn’t that many chances to actually use it.

It sure DOES spit out a hell of lead, though!

Minor issue:

Both in the menu and in battle, the gunner wields the Stinger with the front hand just in front of the trigger guard, as if it was a short SMG. This looks wrong, because obviously the weapon’s center of mass is much farther ahead.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if you can obtain the stinger by purchasing rewards from July 10-12th?

Nice!

Will you fix the firerate on the MG42 now, since you added the stinger which has a higher firerate than the stock MG42 should have?

Also, do something about the ‘mount weapon’ feature. I have died so many times because of such a buggy feature.

idk why are people so obsessed with rof of mg42 when it was rated for anywhere between 900-1200(1500 for airplanes) rpm. mg42 rof is in ww2 specs and if anything higher rof would probably just be a nerf.

2 Likes

From what I know 1200 was commonly used by the german infantry. (So far in my several years of being interested in this gun specifically, I have never seen a source that states lower rpm was used. I saw some that state higher rpm was used and logical conclusions / indirect evidence also suggests the higher rpm was the default one.)
So demanding 1200rpm is like demanding a free stug. It’s simply a symbol of ww2.

Also I can already feel the scream of commie boos if you would apply similar logic to PPSh and decrease it’s rof.

If thats the reasoning behind having a MG42 with 900 ROF, then there should be added more, with different ROF, don’t you think?

Also, the 50/75 round drum mags are a joke, where are the interlinkable belts?