Update "Guerrilla Warfare"

Did pre-merge Tunisia players lose their legacy A-20? I know during the test server our old plane was replaced by the new one despite being told we would keep it.

Does H version have beter ammunition or something? They seem to be very similar. The only noticable difference is 8 more rounds.

3 Likes

Anything VS should be only in Berlin.

Otherwise it’s just lazy whocares-ism

3 Likes

yep, marder 3H have APCBC, APCR

better than PZ4 G Stalingrad

3 Likes

Yes the new one has replaced the old one

Leaving the 75mm Pak 40 for BR III-V, which has been in the game for 3 years, is a mockery for High Tier Axis players. They should have given us the 88mm Pak 43.
Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-698-0038-07,_Russland,_8,8cm_Pak

7 Likes

6 Likes

Pak 40 is more comparable with 17 punder.

4 Likes

Not mentioned in the notes, but you can no longer “Aim” your gun whilst breaking fortifications down
I assume intentional cause there is a message for it
Sad to see this go

2 Likes

Hi Major, one thing that I’ve noticed is the fact that the German partisans have only the 2-piece suit cosmetic (without the armband) in Normandy and Tunisia, is that an accident?

Didnt see anything about the Aussie cosmetics.

Wont get to test today

I assume they are still yanks?

1 Like

There is no HUGE difference in penetration and post-penetration damage by adding APDS ammunition.

Yep.

there is huge difference in penetration. APDS can pen 269mm armor while AP pens only 171mm.

this is difference between penetrating KT or not.

1 Like

The PAK 40 can already handle pretty much everything that it faces in the game. Its caliber is also similar to the 17 pounder. Germany doesn’t need an 88.

5 Likes

here its the pen stats and shells of the AT cannons, maybe someone its interested on it

Ngl, after playing for a bit. Not been spawn camped once by guerrillas. Did get a tank blown up as I was en route to map but that entire match was FUBAR as is so its really not much.

Frankly I think your being a bit hysterical about it

3 Likes

In the update trailer we see all the Tiger 2s in beautiful whiteout camo, not dark yellow as usual.

@MajorMcDonalds biome/map based automatic vehicle skins confirmed?

2 Likes

There is the Jumbo 75 and 76, the Pershing at some distances where it is a problem to penetrate the armor and soon the Super Pershing, so it is necessary and mandatory for the Axis to obtain the Pak 43 88mm

1 Like

and battle of the bulge too.
do not forget that.

which speaking of, i am going to nit pick here,

• on the test server, the volkssturm had volkssturm coats in the battle of the bulge.

with the update going live, the gray coat has been removed as well as the stalingrad vs coat:

which for stalingrad, sure. i can understand the argument.

yet in tunisia, normandy and moscow those vs bands are still there.

and, isn’t funny how the guerillas can equip cosmetics with pouches that they don’t even have access to?

m44s in tunisia with stgs?

svt pouches

( running in berlin with stylish winter coats uh )

• as usual, the soviets have way more customization options than any other faction.
    ( which granted, is a copy and paste from stalingrad. which it’s good, but why is the only one )

other nitpicks,

• i find it weird that high br AT guns were talked about, yet all we got, was the 17 pounder from the British which isn’t inherently new as it was in the editor from almost a year.
    yet the soviets gets it too. and the germans or japan got nothing.

• japan didn’t got much this update. just like the editor.
    the shotgun is really great. but… that’s all?

anyway,
with that aside, imo, new additions are fine.

love the new vehicles, love that you guys fixed the uk customization in no time
which resulted in having uk units with us camos and helmets.

( yet the plane tree is still bugged )

which still boils my mind how you guys managed to fix the premium windmil hat and an entire customization section a week, yet couldn’t fix a line when it comes to the plane tree. over 7 months.

how it used to look like:

how it looks like now.

( courtesy of debyan for the screens )

Community Bug Reporting System

the new mission is probably one of my new favorites. the snow is spot on and the level of heights are equally enjoyable ( for infantry. i didn’t played much with vehicles )

i also liked that at least one of the marders is br II.
a viable options for those who encounters shermans or t34s / kvs.

and, i like how guerrilas can now use bolt action rifles as requested by feedbacks.

but the whole guerilla thing is broken.
unlike many others, i do like the concept of guerilla. sure, weird to see them over normandy, on the beaches but whatever. i even love their clothings. inestimate value assets for modders ( literally all we get to the editor are assets … beggars can’t be choosers i suppose )

but their ability is stupidly broken and leads to many unpleasant experiences. literal spawncamp, easy mine spam or spawncamp tanks over and over with tnts.

such as spawn camps on vehicles.

which a loud minority/majority pushed because of gray campers.
yet with these new class, you can bet gray campers will stay and it’s rate will undeniably double.

imo, guerillas should have been an entire hardcore pve mission where players only have one live, limited ammo, and have to find objectives scattered around the map, destroy/complete them or for example, capture intel and exfil while there are enemy patrols.

that could be fun. but against players, it’s just cheesy.

maybe it’s just me.

for the rest, my vote slighlty rised but the guerillas whole stichk kinda severely lowers it.

14 Likes