Undo the paratrooper nerf that has them float forever

It makes no sense for the paratroopers to open their chutes so darn early. If you’re not going to completely undo the nerf and let the paratroopers do a proper combat jump, AT LEAST cut that nerf in half.

5 Likes

Paratroopers can land behind enemy lines within 40 seconds and conduct fire reconnaissance
The monkey on the other side can’t stop it

1 Like

if you want take out,then let me make your plane appear with a marker like bombers,if we down your plane it will make half of your squad die,not all but makr a rn throw for see how many die and they will appear at ground and box far from you

1 Like

Paratroopers are supposed to be able to go behind enemy lines. I would honestly suggest that they be immune to grey zone limitations so they can perform infiltration missions to counter camping tanks.

But for the moment, I would be partially satisfied by not having my entire squads floating down from the sky like dandelion puffs

1 Like

I would suggest that shooting down the paratrooper’s C-47s would force a premature jump, not killing of the troopers. If the paratroopers are forced to jump outside of the map, have the game mechanic behave like a pilot ejection and spawn them on the ground at the closest point. This would require the full elimination of the nerf and require all troopers to do a proper combat jump to counterbalance the fact that if you are shooting the C47s down from the ground, you already have them lined up. There’s no need for any further advantage to the defenders.

Paratroopers received so many nerfs, it became a running gag.

Those whining and requesting those nerfs, are

• ppl with no situational awareness
  • jealous ppl who do not have access to paratroopers.

A gimmick, now.

7 Likes

I find myself having to constantly guess which direction opponents will be driving from and hope that I drop away from them. There’s no chance to paradrop into a hot landing zone and fight off the enemy in any meaningful way. It feels like after the first soldier lands, the others are AT LEAST 10 seconds behind and leave him on the ground fighting by himself for far too long. Then if he’s dropped, the defenders just have to look up and observe the massive, prematurely opened parachutes and pop, pop, pop to take the entire squad out before anyone even gets to touch the ground. Being able to shoot paratroopers in the sky is somewhat realistic, but having them ALWAYS open like they are on a leisurely skydive is ludicrous.

I tend to agree with the need to improve the ability to shoot down the C-47s before making a paradrop. That can be the mechanism for the nerf. If the plane gets shot down, the troopers have to make an emergency jump and they open early. If you get to your jump point unscathed, a combat jump is made and they open properly. That seems sensibly balanced to me and adds additional gameplay dynamics rather than nerfs.

paratrooper nerfs are fine, they are supposed to stop people from dropping right into the objective before defenders could even spawn inside.

Paratroopers can’t do that because they have to wait for the C47 to deliver them to the battlefield and the jump point. The nerf is not fine

No, they’re not. They weren’t implemented right.

The paratrooper squad is only one man army nowadays, because all the bots are being killed while still in the air. And it doesn’t matter if you’re dropping directly on the objective or 70 meters away.

From squad that was very good for attacker and below average for defenders. They have made squad that’s below average in basically every scenario.

Paratroopers have joined gang of bombing runs, WPs and so.

It seems the only way to get them all to the “ground” is to either land on a building (the building tops in Stalingrad and Berlin are HORRIBLY buggy. You can fall into areas with no escape and you can walk through walls into empty rooms with no way to get out.)

Or I jump very far away from a capture point but in an advanced position. They can be very useful for getting troops off the beach in Ver sur Mer. But they aren’t useful at all for jumping into the enemy. Your first parachute cues them all to look up and pop your entire squad.

Low Soviet troopers seem to still be reasonably useful. I can get them to the ground with decent frequency unless I accidentally drop directly into enemy lines.

But I rarely get McNasty’s 506th paratroopers to the ground unless I drop them behind MY lines and just use them as a “dynamic assault squad” rather than as proper paratroopers

1 Like

Yeah, you are probably right here. I haven’t played low BRs much lately.

okey,let’s do by rng, plane get down, a dice is thrown, sometimes squad will survive fully alive,sometimes no