Ugh.... has anyone noticed any strange behaviors on bots with custom made profiles?

is it just me? or anyone else noticed that bots have wonky animations and… they spin their head like crazy.

like, what is this.

3 Likes

Oh my…

Is that a re-created Red Orchestra 2 map???

yes.

that’s spartanovka.

you can play it already by quite some times,

more “vanilla” ro2 experience:

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/gep4N2TtwoFZFF4N/manifest/3/

and slighty advance / difficult with enlisted classes experience:

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/ozeeUEnycKEpd6VE/manifest/20/

( both for the german side currently )

although, in the soviet version, german AI act weird.

dunno why,

1 Like

Ooooh I’ll be sure to give it a try, if only for nostalgia!

1 Like

i was planning on making an actual thread to it, with a showcase

but i don’t have the soviet side missions ready, and my editor guy is still making videos for it.

1 Like

edit.

it appears that people needs to restart in order to view things correctly.

just fucking great…

never-effing-mind

I hope I didn’t suffer the same fate

i don’t understand.

the servers can’t load half of the stuff that i do.

and those aren’t even big mods :skull:

like, buildings don’t load, weapons, etc.

where it requires a quick restart to hopefully ((sometimes)) being able to fix things.

and others times, it doesn’t work.

The problem is what you are trying to load. For example, do you know that the spawning of different tanks causes different load on the server, as do different animchars? Formally the mod weighs little, but in fact it causes lags… Custom profiles for AI bots themselves cause a high load for server, this forced me personally to abandon them and make changes through entities

then why the F are they allowing us to do it in the firtst place if it doesn’t even work?

what the point of entities.blk and loading custom profiles even is??

what do you mean by that

wow… 10 animchar changes somehow screws my mod.

as if the lack of documentation to do more features wasn’t bad enough.

or lag because of having to host it in North America.

:skull:

someone really has to give us good exscuses on why that is the case.

When a mod is structurally complex, like yours or mine… things like this can be seen… For example, I create a custom profile for bots with conventional weapons, I will get poor server stability if I also create a profile with modern weapons or moon weapons there will be big lags. When I made custom tanks for a zombie mod, the tank based on Japanese Ka-mi loaded normally, but the Soviet tank based on LVT produced a high load and, with a server full of players, lagged heavily, until I replaced the base with Kami. Damn, I almost ruined the last mod just because I added smoke mortars to the Abrams. And I’ll emphasize more than once that custom profiles greatly destabilize the server, but sometimes you can’t do without them.

1 Like

you know what’s funny?

aside from such truthful statement,

like, part of the frikkin editor appeal is to make stuff your own way ( which it doesn’t work )

even if you try to make a vanilla game mode with only basic stationary AI, it will still lag because AI are not optimized unless they spawn as entity from ( for example, a mine ) or profiles.

but if you then use custom soldiers that are not from official templates, you get same results as making a modded mission.

there’s no frikkin escape.

and what’s worse, no aknowledgements from devs either.

this shit has been like this since the introduction of entities.blk of last year.

with this being said, there better be some effing mentions of anything related to the upcoming Q&A, or it’s going to be a wrap.

this " chalk lime burner " will actually set the whole forum on fire.

3 Likes

I’ll add that all this doesn’t work well together, if I just modified something without the same profiles, there would be a better result, here you can add terramorphing, which increases the size of the mod or custom maps. That’s why the original map is in the same big action.

1 Like

yeah i figured that the hard way.

we truly are reaching level of bethesda shit storms.

just realse stuff to the pubblic and don’t worry about it. or fix in in years down the line.

it’s truly fucked up as obscene.

I note that custom servers themselves are weak, regular custom ones with leveling up for single fighters can show a red triangle, but there are no changes there.

1 Like

yeah that’s even “”“”“funnier”“”“”

releasing custom games with:

• lack of basic custom games function

• stable servers that don’t actually work even for vanilla matches

yet they went above and beyond providing editor, entities.blk and so on and on with barely a stable foundation.

you just can’t make this up.
nor i’ll ever be able to understand.

no wonder why they have abbandoned the mods digests.

barely any mods are being made due to the trilions of limitations.

that’s what we get for our time and passion being wasted like that…

4 Likes

Is that broken melee animation?

They happen when using “custom” guns

No, i don’t know how to fix them.

nope.

completely the gun being broken.

couldn’t use it normally as when i aimed, everything was blurry, and was firing from the side.

a really pleasant experience.

but, i do also know what you mean.
characters will T pose when attempting to melee ( with custom made weapons ).