Type 99 why?

Just unlocked the type 99, and I’m hoping someone can tell me why I should bother with it. The only advantages I can see, on final upgrade, is a .3 second faster reload and one-tap torso/head hits at 100m, in exchange for 14 rounds/minute slower rate of fire.

Also, why no type 99 early? I imagine the RoF on this one is bad because it’s a rough-made late war last ditch type rifle.

Otherwise dev need add the captured garand
Type 5 garand modified for use arisaka bullet

Like The type ostu at end of the grind is the zk29 modified for use arisaka bullet

i like it. alot. swaped my arisakas for it.

arisakas are amazing and fast shooters. but i find i was downing players alot instd of killing them.

1 Like

Dev changed limb damage multiplayer now you need do always a chest aim for ohk

i think shiives is refferring to the fact from the distance. like in mid range, i find that the arisaka downs more than killing.

but i could be wrong. ( or having bad shoots lately ) don’t really know as when i play, i usually zone out lately.

i just see the objective and shoot what i see without thinking it too much.

if i think back it seems what i said a bit above, but again, i could be wrong.

Base springfield do the same if is not a perfect chest hit dont ohk, maybe they changed more in how BA work

honestly, this would have made more sense in the levels than the Hei, they made something like 125 Type4/5 garands, maybe 50 Hei rifles. I get that the japanese need to have a semi-auto to balance the garand and johnson, and they didn’t really have any in the field, but man, why pick the one least likely to have seen use?

I mean, sure, I guess I just ain’t bothered about long range bolt gun action in the Jungles. There’s some opportunity, but wasting an enemy medkit is almost as good as a kill, and I’d rather have the rate of fire when things get closer.

I guess I don’t understand why the type 38 carbine and rifle are the starter guns for japan, with their rate of fire as good or better than the 1903. DF could have made a Type 99 early the level 2 gun and given us the (IMO) better rifle later. It feels like a lot of progression for what’s at best a sidegrade but feels worse.

Last time I checked, all non-sniper bolt-actions and semiautos get some bullet drop at 200 meter range, shots aimed at target’s head will land near belly area.

Type I have the same problem is at the same level of type 99, with standard damage now the best BA is the one with 50 rof and more

You’re both right

Limb hits do 75% damage, last I checked, and they’re still affected by falloff. One level from max on the upgrades, none of the BA rifles in the pacific will one-hit on a limb at any real distance, and won’t one hit on a torso shot after 90ish meters. That’s the type 99s advantage, with its final upgrade it one hits torsos at 100, the type 38s don’t, and neither does the type 1

1 Like

It’s still technically an Arisaka, as it’s chambered in 7.7 Arisaka.

1 Like

Ugh. That just, makes zero sense. Standard infantry rifle, let’s make it a paywalled item. Meanwhile, the being phased-out, only in use because we can’t make enough type 99s WW1 era Type 38, we’ll make that better than the new stuff and free, and early level

Where’s the Type 99 Early in the game already? I know there’s a premium engineer squad in Moscow, but I thought they had Type 38 Carbines

That’s only coloquially correct. We in the west call them all Arisakas, but that guy only designed the Type 30 and Type 38, and died in 1915, well before the 1939 design/adoption of the Type 99, which was designed by Nambu.

Saying it’s an Arisaka because it’s chambered for a cartridge we refer to as ‘x.xxmm arisaka’ is nonsense, might as well say the Federov is an Arisaka.

idk why people complain about rof in BA… if you want rof then go with SA… or SMG.

btw i hate V notch sights… i miss so often with them… i want my kar98k sights…

1 Like

Wasn’t really complaining, just confused why the rifle that feels objectively worse is further in the campaign than the earlier, better models.

Agree on the sights. That v-notch/front barleycorn is pretty awful, unless you’re a conscript with barely a week of training I guess.

well that could be said for a lot of guns in this game. but in this case they really didnt have much choice cause of abundance of BA in this campaign. more or less any BA is just sidegrade over another. for BA my only requirement is decent iron sight…

Speaking about bolt-action rof, anyone found out how that perk for ‘+12% firing rate while using bolt action rifles’ works? I just can’t feel any effect from it.

cause it is waste of perk. let me break it down for you… if BA has 60 rof per minute that means that after you shoot a bullet, you need 1 second to chamber another bullet. that rof perk just cuts down that 1 second to 0.9 second.

1 Like

Well it’s its correct in English, and that is the language we are speaking yes?