Trying (or trying) to make binoculars useful

We all know that in our game there is such an item as binoculars, in theory an unusual item, but at the moment looking at how it is implemented, it is a mistake of nature. Here is my idea how to make it at least somehow useful. (And no, it will not be a radical “delete the binoculars and forget about them”)

When you look through the binoculars, the distance is written on all the marks (like for mortar men)
Looking through the binoculars, putting marks on equipment, rally points, etc. they last 2 times longer. Also, all allies see the distance to the mark.
Remove the shaking of the binoculars when looking through it.

13 Likes

Personally I’d like this to be a perk. But I guess it could be annoying in the long run.

6 Likes

Yes to all but the removal of the shaking.

5 Likes

Melee kill with bino is very useful :smile:

5 Likes

I think binos should automatically mark everything you look at

7 Likes

Most useless equipment.
You dont need them, maps are small anyway.

Well, there must be a reason why the developers added it?

imo binos to be remotely useful,

should:

• act as a weapon.
    aka, being able to hold it in the hands, and through the right click, being able to view through.
    because it’s super cluncky right now.
    you can only use it when fully zoomed. or not use it at all.

• being able to adjust it’s zoom
    right now, there’s only one set of zoom which cannot be adjusted.

• be able to call artillery in a more precise way
    similar to war thunder when you call them in proxy. which allows you to see the marker and call them in that spot

• ( optinal ) being able to range through meters the location where you are looking at.
    it may sound dumb, and kinda useless in the base game, but in modded missions where the HUD is turned off, or limited, it can be useful for mortars, tanks etc over longer distances.

and last but not least,

• let binos auto spot vehicles, aircrafts or enemy equipment in it’s visual range
    for example, if i zoom to an aircraft that is 1 or 2km away, yet i can see it it should be marked for the whole team. same with vehicles, same with mgs/ammoboxes/rallies etc etc.
    and above all, make binos the only “tool” that can have markers that follow the target. because as a feature it’s a bit dumb to be binded by simple " v" button.

and then, but only then, it can become a valuable ( yet still situational ) tool.

but again. imo.

8 Likes

Ridiculous idea, being able to have the bino in one hand and the other pistol to have a very accurate pistol

1 Like

Tbh, I think this would actually be the most “useful” of all those changes and would be the most impactful. You could use the binoculars to see how far a tank is, then use that to adjust the range with an anti tank weapon

To use up your SL as quickly as possible and encourage buying more with GE.