“TITAN RISE” — open test

This is a fun event.
Walking tanks are powerful and fun, but they have several drawbacks. They rock up and down so violently that they can cause severe carsickness in the driver. Now I need to take my carsickness medicine and rest in bed.
And that I sometimes trip over debris and fall when moving over uneven terrain. And if a walking tank falls over, it cannot get up by itself. They can only flap their legs pathetically.
You will experience why walking tanks were abandoned after World War II and why engineers switched from “legs” to "crawlers.
R

5 Likes

Best mode so far, made me play again.

Needs to be permanent and not just a week long… Possibly funnier than base game. Like the moon assault mode.

At least make those permanent in custom.

1 Like

Agreed.
DF did a great job, it is a shame to end it in 4 days.

bruh this fabricated story is strange

1 Like

Liked the event so far. lots of fun

Points to spawn vehicles is stupid. imo ,
Could have spawned a mech to deal with 2 enemy ones?
games says nop son, suffer a litle more as inf against them.

besides that, its nice to see guns like stg45, gerat03, schmeisser mk36, hyde m2 and so on on the list.
I wonder why Darkflow dont bring old closed beta premium squads back on sale for a special occasion…
i would get mp41 or m2 hyde for sure. anyway.

much, much fun.
also hate:
the lootbox as reward.
. that should be removed , if the intention is to remove RNG on other devlogs, please, dont give RNG lootboxes into events.

2 Likes

I’m sure it will be put into the editor. imagine exploring the maps in the editor in a MECH!! without having to worry about people blowing you up!

Empire strikes back and return of the Jedi taught us that legs are a bad idea for mobile warfare

Lmao

Sorry to say it but I dont care at all about this sci-fi stuff.
Thats why I play a WW2 game.
Not star wars.
What is next, UFOs?
It better be gone after april fools.

2 Likes

Thats a cool idea!

Many bugs, Mech spam, Captured open point is almost impossible because of Rockets… Just pain in the ass.

if only you put this much effort into the real game <.<

7 Likes

i tought darkflow’s servers were running on the unmatched power of the potato

But you know that each squad has AT soldier with rocket launcher and engineer with AT gun?
Additionally each squad has several TNTs, explosive packs, AT mines and you can also use tanks and planes.

So, kind of a skill issue.

4 Likes

it is., i just wanted to play with the mechs. coz they fun as hell. :smiley:

but, this might, or is, a test on that feature for future content on base game. and said AT or tnt pack might not be avaiable.

Heh, long Story in short… Grey zone. But
please, post clip how you destroy mech with Fokewulf And show us your skill.

Tank, AT gun, plane.

I didn’t need to use plane even once so far.
Ofenrohr is sufficient enough and I have good time ambushing walkers with it.

It seems that you need points to operate AT-STdam
This is a good mechanism. Many players spam large numbers of tanks and aircraft, which is needed on real fronts.

You say that…

But WT did that once.

Hopefully we get those next year. Because it’s fun.

And those become permanent assets and modes. (I dream)

Edit: they also have a popular recurring mode with Baloo and co. With the “TailSpin” universe. I’d love having soldiers being Don Karnage, Baloo and Sher Khan in game.

Different whacky game modes would make the game stand out after next big update. If only in custom.

Moon. Walkers. Ufos. Tailspin… Fun.

2 Likes

Did the enlisted devs work with the war thunder devs, because the April fool events from both are about bipedal vehicles…