Tiger vs Jumbo

The other day I made a post about the low reliability of the Tiger ammunition.
In which he commented that it was difficult to penetrate the armor of vehicles of the same category and even one category lower.

Now, I’ve been leveling up the US, and since I unlocked the jumbo I haven’t managed to destroy a single tiger.

Every time I take out my jumbo, I haven’t found a single green line, I rather shoot where the images show the tiger’s weak spot, but I do more damage with a br3 infantry AT than with the jumbo.

What am I doing wrong?

The infantry ATs do damage to them, and the demolition packs destroy them in one shot, but both the IS1-2 and the jumbo were unable to do anything to them.

On the other hand, when I use the tiger, I can only destroy the jumbos from the side.

1 Like

Jumbo’s got a 75mm cannon. Only way to reliably ben the Tiger is the side armor straight on. I believe the UFP (the piece of metal where the hull MG is located) can be penned if it’s also perfectly flat. If it ain’t flat…good luck. Barrel the Tiger, rip his treads off, and hope he either bails so you can MG his men or his tankers run off and abandon the tank. You will not kill a Tiger with an American 75mm from the front. Don’t even hope to do it. The Tiger H might be able to be cupola’d, but again I just wouldn’t count on it. Disable and move on

As for penning the Jumbo with the Tiger, you’re not getting that info out of me. It’s a retarded weak spot and I firmly believe it shouldn’t exist. At least not like it does now

3 Likes

You need to destroy tracks and a barrel and then kill Tiger E from the side.

Tiger H1 can be destroyed by shooting at the commander cupola.

4 Likes

you cant frontally pen with jumbo, unless you have premium jumbo and APCR shells.

btw you can be very annoying to tiger by destroying his barrel.

3 Likes

btw IS-1 and IS-2 easily kill tiger E, unless you are talking about KT and then only IS-2 can easily kill it, while with 85mm you need to do pixel hunting on commander cupola.

2 Likes

Aiming for the view openings, the places the tankers look thru or whatever you call it might get you a green…

The jumbo whit 75mm cannon its a support vehicles for point cleaning and cover, if you wanna pen tigers and panthers, aim to sides, weak points or use another tanks, m18 gmc, 76w series

This is where you want to shoot tiger. (works for bazooka as well)

If you are forced to face it frotally, shoot at its gun. Crew is going to be forced go out to repair it.

2 Likes

Not if you have no explosive filler.

I still think Tiger should be BR4 so that Jumbo has more reason to exist.

Again, Jumbo was specifically designed as a breakthrough tank that was supposed to survive 88 fire, makes no sense if it doesn’t face 88 to begin with.