The Johnson Rifle: Balance changes and bug fixes

Currently the US really only uses about 3 weapons in high tier: the M2C, Browning 1919, the Thompson 50rnd, and occasionally a Garand or BAR might be used to fill for a certain role. I think the US deserves a long ranged option more in line with what other factions have.

|

As it stands the Johnson is in this weird greyzone where just like its description, it isn’t quite enough of an improvement to replace the Garand. And so I think the following changes should be made to give the Americans a good long ranged option.

While the rifle was known to have issues with bayonets because it was short action, a bayonet was nonetheless still developed and used with the rifle, and this should be represented in-game, especially on a tier 4 weapon.

Other high tier rifles like the ZH & AVS have their damage raised to 13.2 while they fire the same cartridge as their predecessors, I think it would be reasonable to raise the Johnson to this standard as well.

The Johnson rifle’s sights are also incorrectly displayed

As you can see in the video (sorry for the grainy quality), shots are actually put off to the top right instead of the center as they should be, this results in the weapon feeling very frustrating.

2 Likes

I think it should be tier 3 as I find it worse