The grey zone wastes mortarmen and snipers

This is pointless and detrimental for the team, especially on open maps. For example, the objective is captured - either by the enemy or the allies - and the grey zone deletes my mortarmen just when I’m about to cut off advancing enemies with mortar barrage, or my snipers get wiped out even though I am perfectly capable of sniping enemy snipers off the top of the hills. This happens many times and just wastes an effective effort and respawn points when I’m on the attacking team, or the chance to help my team defend when I’m remaining in a good position with enemy soldiers in range. I perfectly understand why the grey zone exists for assaulters, infantrymen, tankers or machinegunners, but snipers and mortarmen are classes that should be allowed to support fellow comrades from a distance and not get punished for being 300m away from the current objective (even though there are still many valuable targets in range, for example the advancing troops that are about to take another objective and could be bombed/sniped on their way). It happens not only to me - on this screenshot some of my teammates - visible on the minimap - are also deep in the grey zone (they were probably snipers, I’m not sure).

I was playing with mortarmen, got some kills bombing the area around the objective, but then I got punished for choosing my hiding spot in safe distance and having a passive team that lost 2 objectives
in a row (and my mortar probably caused most of kills around the objectives anyway). I ran when the zone started blinking but the area changed so rapidly that I could not make it in time, the zone killed me dozens of meters from the edge. That’s why I think the advancing grey zones should not be lethal for long-range support soldiers, or should only limit the construction of rally points so that nobody can spawn 200m behind the enemy’s back.

5 Likes

I think this suggestion is much better option for what you want.

A different way for the Gray zone to work instead of what we have right now - Suggestions - Enlisted

Still, not the best solution when my engineers run off. Where would I get the ammo for my mortar? 10 grenades run out in seconds. As a sniper, I would probably have my last few rounds at a time of the battle when grey zone engulfs me, so keeping engineer with me would basically allow to fight.

Technically yes but you’re not supposed to stay in the Gray zone indefinitely it’s so you can do your things instead of just staying there forever and push back to the objective once you’ve taken out your target.

You want to be invulnerable as one of the most annoying classes in the game.
Also it’s usually pretty obvious where the next point to defend would be, so you can easly avoid dying in grey zone, which can’t be said about vehicle crews…
It should be adressed but not as you described it.

The game encourage agressive lonewolf, sniper and Mortarman are just minor nuisance

yea unless we get a huge map which might still have the same problem

lol, just look at the map, it shows where the next greyzone is gonna be.

1 Like

And then what? teleport 150m? The grey zone change is sometimes too wide and too quick too escape, even for a vehicle, that’s the problem

1 Like

That’s good, I think.

I think there may be improvements to how the gray zone works but if this is a problem you have often then you probably just need to move forward at least a bit. You don’t have to rush the point but trying to stay 300m away is not very helpful to gameplay.

1 Like

Then teleport us into next respawn point instead killing, tp us back like they do with parachuting pilots. For it not to be abusive spawn us with half of hp instead full.

And how do you stop that from being triggered randomly for no reason when you’re still in the middle of doing something and you’re gonna be teleported out of the way for no reason just because the game says so.

Teleport should only trigger when greyzone expires and starts damaging you not instantly as soon as you cap the point.

I still think my system is better it forces attackers to clear up the objective instead of running just right through to the next objective.

1 Like