The Flamethrower tanks in the game, are they useful?

There are a few Flamethrower tanks in the game, every Nation expect Japan so far as i know, have one. There is the one you can unlock in the American tree and then there’s the premium ones you can buy. Each of them comes eqiuped with a flamethrower that you can flush out pockets of enemies with, however most of these tanks also removes they’re actual cannons to replace it with the flamethrower which severely limits its usage besides dealing with infantry. If a tank sees you its over in a moment, but when the infantry’s infront of you its they who will wave goodbye, but is this really a good tradeoff?

Each time i’ve brought a Flametank to battle its either ended up with its destruction due to proximities of buildings having infantry rather destroy you quickly before you can do something or other tanks destroy me rather quickly aswell. These tanks are small so you can manuver them through narrow passages and they tend to be quick to however this then brings the question how should you really use flametanks and are they really that useful in combat?

they are more of a gimmick than actually useful.

1 Like

Only the ones that cost money since they have the most range. Flames from the tanks are instant kill, so if you go far flank and then cut in, it is nightmarish for defenders.

Any run you make with a flamethrower tank will be the last

Flamethrower tanks were flaming coffins, tanks are just not designed to operate close to enemy infantry and flamethrower have only a very limited range that is extremely expensive and problematic to increase.
The design that has achieved any success was the Churchill Crocodile because it was heavily armoured and well supported by infantry, but still only yielded results in special circumstances.

They can be extremely fun to use. Especially on lower BRs where like 90% of people are completely clueless.

But once you’ll run into seal clubbing veteran, flamethrower tanks are going to become useless very quickly.

1 Like

I really like the panzer 2 flamingo, I think its actually somewhat useful due to the range of flamethrower and its speed. Its more fun than anything else though.

Flammpanzer II is really good. HT-130 is very slow and not useful. Stuart is fast, but flamethrower has limited range.

2 Likes

Ive always find the flamer tank insanely fun. And can seriously be OP in the right hands.

its not something you see alot of, so it isnt expected most of the time. You can seriously blitzkriege and burn out an entire defending team before they can react. (Im mainly speaking of panzer II F because it is fast…stuart is fast, but the range and coverage is no where near as good))

The idea is get in fast, do as much damage as possible before your inevitable death.

(Most of the time I run out of ammo before dying…sooooo many kills)

1 Like

They are really useful