The current BRs/queus policy is not honest with players and my suggestion related to it

OK, Im on PC on the US server mainly myself. . . so our experience could absolutely differ.

I said they could, not that all of them would, or even the majority would.

But, those that do can become good players adding to the community as a whole. Like you mentioned we need more good players. Casual is but a mindset not a skillset … at least in my vocabulary, which could be why we may be speaking past each other on this point. . .

Most of the people talking about bot filled sides are experienced players, not casuals, casuals that I know usually just claim hacking from my experience, and if they are viewing it in that light, then yes they will leave. But again, culture is different, so you may have a different experience which is fine.

I will leave you with this question: What do you feel about getting rid of matchmaking in its entirety and just have a server browser / join random server in BR, where the official standing servers just have varying BR / BR spread restrictions and also allow for team scramble votes (maybe on the vote thing)?

1 Like

Yes, you hit the nail on the head.

I do not agree with this. According to stats @robihr has provided, number of bots in matches has significantly reduced.
https://forum.enlisted.net/en/t/enlisted-stats-postmerge-edition
Yet people still acting like they’re the only real player in match and so.
And everytime I’ve checked it, they have always confused real for bots.

I think it’s getting to be a kind of crowd psychosis rather than an objective reflection of the current state of the game.

I’ve completely given up on the idea that teams could be at the same skill level. I think it is unrealistic.
And I would rather see proper fair BRs and adequate number of queues, than some half-baked solution which would not solve neither equipment balance nor team skill balance.
It is way easier to make fair equipment balance than creating proper skill based MM. Especially with playerbase this game has.
Even games like WT or WoT do not have proper skill based MM. And quality of teams is often very different.

2 Likes

This is more FPS players as a whole and not just Enlisted XD myself included. But perception does judge the world, logically or not,

1 Like

I lost a whole bunch of matches lately, specially because there are a big bunch of players that perform worse than Bots.

I try, but no one can carry a match solo against a decent team.

But this is just the way it is, I don’t see how me complaining about it would matter.

1 Like

That’s exactly my point. It doesn’t matter if they’re bots or just very bad players. Nothing has changed after merge in this matter.
Faction bias still exist. Teams are not balanced skill-wise.

Therefore, I don’t see why we should limit ourselves to a low number of queues when they hasn’t solved anything anyway.

1 Like

Imagine players that only play as fighter pilots and land often at the top of the score board because they intercept incoming bombing runs.

Effectively every AI squad is more contributing to victory than those pilots - but with a MM system that is score base you would have those AFK farmers be at the top of the ranks.

So a MM system could never really work with points, so what about win percentage?

Sure, people that play certain support roles that are extremely helpful to a professional team will still lose when matched with poor teams.

The Idea of MM is stupid, and our BR system that filters newer players out should be enough.

2 Likes

Which is why there has been many suggestions to isloate BR I from the higher BRs at least until such time as the beginning players have unlocked and upgraded sufficient squads to go into BRII/III games against the nasty vets who have optimised their BRs down to the last AP mine and large grenade pouch full of impact grenades…

it is a sad state we are in, the developers got caught in the downward spiral of most economic business without even realizing they are.

the circle is painfully obvious to those that experienced before, be it in games, or in real life situations. it goes like this:

the product i am offering is not attracting new customers, and it is bringing me an economic burden i have to overcome.

the way i find to overcome it, is to reduce the amount of product offered, reduce the quality of the product offered, and increase the requirements to acquire such product.

that mentality, in turn, reduces even further the number of costumers interested in my product. as a result, i return to the previous step and further reduce the amount of product and its quality, and further increase the cost to acquire it.

the downward spiral is engaged, and steps 1 and 2 keep repeating, till the venture ceases to be profitable, which invariably leads to death for the business, shut the gates, lights out and we are done.

can it be reversed? of course it can. but not by reproducing the same steps 1 and 2. you need to really evaluate what is the product you are offering, and if its really worth for customers to spend the resources needed to acquire it.

that needs a certain degree of empathy (which is the ability or skill to see the situation from another person perspective, in this case, the customer), which sadly is not present in any and all developer interaction with the customers.

in short, we are totally fkd up and the game is, irrevocably so if not fundamentally changed, doomed to fail. the path is obvious, the result is clear, the end line is visible. its their fault for keep walking it, knowing where it leads.

support ±0 ideas.

I recently made a post closely regarding the situation of BR queues and even some of the weapons’ BR’s being changed.