Test Server Gear Preferences: Full tech tree feed back

I am pretty sure I havent understood your meaning.

As much as i wanted to put moscow guns such as ppsh, AVS and fedorov historically where they belong. this system is based mostly off power and history where its power level is acceptable(fedeorov for example artificially performs too well to be allowed. It wouldnt have an opposite).

Adding these would define a massive “sweet spot” (best Semi autos, best smgs, best/only assault rifle, best tanks) that players would flock to and have little opposition

Just answering this specifically. In the system I have revised you can do this

M on the kar98 only means if thats “all” you had, thats all you will see (M maps). This stops you from being uptiered. If you had something else in your deck with a S T N or B, the Kar98 would have a chance to go there.

Now you will see Moscow and Tunisia maps

If you only had Dp-27s you would have a chance to see M or S maps. But if I added a DT-29 to my deck

I would no longer have a chance to see M maps, but I would see S maps

you could potentially see Berlin with the right equipment selections.

You cant see M maps, but you will see S and B maps.

Cant see M or S maps, Only see B maps…and you end up bringing a mosin and dp 27 into Berlin.

Low tier Equipment can deliberately be Brought up. End game equipment cant be deliberately brought down.

This system “could” work really well while being much more flexible and player controllable than Warthunder.

This then leaves them free to add more maps along the time line. Is it sucky that high tier can only see Berlin Maps? Yes, but when they Add battle of the Bulge and Kursk, this high tier stuff can have them added as a preference. Makes High tier much cooler no?

--------

In the changes i made to darkflows system, all bolt actions can be used at any BR, just not randomly or forcebly. If you want to take a bolt action to berlin, you can do it! You just arent forced too when most likely every one else will have AVT-40s, M2 carbines and FG 42s.

Pretty much all the iconic weapons will be available the way i have done it, with exception to the most powerful or role defining ones. Mp40s, thompsons, ppshs, kar98s, enfields, mosins can tread anywhere

Most weapons will still be allowed historically aswell, with the exception of a few that just power spike too hard (compared to what they would face).

The idea is to keep the wolves out of the hen house so the chickens can go about their business

Now, if there was another mechanic working in tandem to heavily moderate powerful weapons, we could revisit.

1 Like

What I mean is: Even if early war equipment is high BR it will still appear in early war maps, against equipment of both the same BR for the time. That means that you can use Volkssturm stuff as low BR for late war, while prewar stuff like the MP28 is low BR for early war. If you use Kar98K kriegsmodell you go to Berlin and Normandy instead of other places but in Berlin you will fight Russians with mosins and in Normandy you will fight Brits with Enfields.
Meanwhile if you use a Johnson M1941 LMG instead of an M1919A6, you will go back to Tunisia and Pacific, but you still fight at high BR against Axis with MG 34s and Japanese with Type 99 LMGs.