Teaching the AI how to handle heavy weapons

Thanks for your answer~

Thanks for your answer~

4 Likes

Unfortunately we can no longer test them in practice mode, now the tank there is empty vehicles, the AI ​​will hop into them.

yea i learn that too it a shame but now we can test enemy tank on our own i think? havent tried it (but i do know they can damage their own)

Can it only be used by disconnected teams?
Then he’s really bad
I wish they could fire automatically after the captain tags them

I just pray they don’t waste all their ammo shooting at the roofs over the closed capture zones. Instead they should aim at the space in front of the buildings, from the direction of attack of the enemies

1 Like

that what im worrying about but seem like everyone didnt read my comment (welp that change now)

oh well im gonna have optimism this time

I thought those AIs wouldn’t actively use them
Did you drop his primary weapon?

I didn’t read it before, but I am talking about a different way of wasting shells anyway - but you are right, the mortarmen should not fire their mortars if there is a ceiling above them.
And as I said, they also should not aim at the zones where the mortar shell will fall on the roof… UNLESS the devs will made the roofs penetrable for mortar shells so that they go through the roof and into the rooms.
Concrete bunkers should stay inpenetrable though. And frankly, if we want to have satisfying quality AI mortarmen, they should know the map and the usual enemy positions like an experienced player does (for example, I fire at the first bunker in Ver-sur-Mer invasion since the soldiers are constantly walking onto the roof, but not in D-Day because the bunkers are higher and there is rarely a single soldier on the bunker but plenty are running on the way to it)

1 Like

It’s a great idea, it just has to be executed correctly. If you play enlisted, you should have already accepted the idea of AI soldiers, it’s just a new role for them that’s gonna make the AI-squad combat model more complete.

1 Like

YES YES YES OMG this is huge

2 Likes

Can regular bot squads spawn in with mortars too? or is it just for that rare occasion that someone actualy brings a mortar and loses connection once in a blue moon only?

2 Likes

lol

he wasn’t there during the introduction of artillery

1 Like

Those Mortar teams are sus af.

Guess just like how the AI decides on where to call in artillary, so most likely some form of map hack I assume.

BUG™
In the past when they only had heavy weapons, most of the time they would switch to melee, but sometimes that wasn’t the case

1 Like

The best solution would be to deploy a simple machine learning model that observes the player in battles on various maps, writing down the areas where he lays down the mortar (best hiding spots) and the areas where he aims, and also how likely is he to fire at the markers set by other players in different map areas - and then applying that model on the AI mortarmen of this player. This way, the player could trust his AI soldiers the most - after some time of machine training of course - maybe 100 or 200 battles, but it would be worth it

3 Likes

very, very apreciated.

i still have to fully understand how those works, and see how wonderless AI performance will be, but it will enhance greately my own pves :slight_smile:

still missing AI controlled vehicles… but one step at a time.

3 Likes

I wish we could command AI for make they do the mortar attacks alone while we fight

What will the range be on the Ai anti tank weapons? Will it vary from weapon to weapon? Also I’d there any updates to fleshing out the HUD anymore in upcoming future updates?