Tank stabilizers!

We continue to introduce you to long-awaited innovations in the upcoming update!

What can make a tanker smile? Well, except for an enemy tank on fire or an attacking soldier having their own explosive pack blown up in their hand. The widest smile of a tanker can be seen when their favorite tank gets improved! Gun stabilizers will do a great job with this task.

STABILIZER ROLE

Nowadays, it’s hard to imagine serious military vehicles without such a mechanism as a gun stabilizer. But during WWII this technology was just beginning to appear: on various tanks you could meet its first versions. Several gyroscopes or even a basic shoulder rest made such vehicles stand out qualitatively among similar vehicles, giving them the ability to aim fire on the move and to aim faster after stops.

Up to the beginning of WWII, the most advanced stabilizers were installed on US tanks, beginning with the M4, single plane vertical stabilizers providing a significant reduction of sighting shake at speeds up to 24 km/h and when the vehicle is stopped.

Early German and American tanks, as well as many British and Japanese tanks had shoulder rests, which can also be classified as stabilizers.

IN ENLISTED

Things will work the same way they worked back then — we have prepared a stabilization mechanism for more than 20 tanks. We’ll even give you a complete list:

USA

• LVT(A)(1)
  • M24
  • M2A4
  • M4A1 (76) W
  • M4A2
  • M4A3E2 “Jumbo”
  • M3 Stuart
  • M5A1 Stuart
  • M8 “Greyhound”
  • Calliope

Japan

• Ka-Mi
  • Ka-Chi
  • Ke-Ni
  • Ha-Go
  • Chi-Ha
  • Chi-Ha Kai

Britain

• A13 Mk.ll
  • Churchill III
  • Crusader
  • Daimler Mk.II
  • Matilda
  • Mk I “Grant”
  • Sherman II

USSR

• M-3 Medium (Lend-Lease)
  • Valentine (Lend-Lease)
  • M4A2 (76) W (Lend-Lease)

Germany

• Pz. II C
  • Pz.38(t) F

The convenience of firing on the move will noticeably increase, and every smart commander simply has to re-evaluate the already presented in the game vehicles and their new features.

41 Likes

Speeds up to 16kmh…

Like… tanks in enlisted go much more faster…

Sad to see chaffee or hellcat as slow as my grandmother walking.

Also, early German tanks…

Not a single German tank on list.

K

11 Likes

So where is the early german tanks in the list?

4 Likes

None xD

Nice.

But as @Shiivex just said, tanks are pretty slow in game, with a max speed hard cap of more or less 30kmh (even for armoured cars).

Will there be a possibility for vehicles to be faster eventually, to roam with their supposed, not capped speed?

(Maybe with bigger fields?)

2 Likes

Allied bias strikes again

4 Likes

Fixed

3 Likes

where is the logic of giving the most advanced technology…to the oldest german tanks? panzer II was used more as a training than a fighting tank and training with a stabilzer, just to go out in the real world and having to fight without doesnt make any sense at all.

4 Likes

Nice, even thought i remember reading that the soviet t-28 tanks would have also come with a stabilizer.

Maybe something to double check?

That’s fine, but how about implementing the previously announced matchmaking mechanics, fed up with playing 10 VS 4 races in Moscow or the Pacific

No panzer iv or panther gun on sight stabilization?

3 Likes

It had shoulder stabilizer. It was not very advanced tech: gunner transfers the weight of the gun to itself and compensating shaking manually.

6 Likes

Nope.

4 Likes

T-28 had different thing, it was not a stabilizer or shoulder stabilizer.

I m aware it isn’t on wt.

Is it planed to introduce stop on sight gun stabilization on long barel panzer4s or panthers?

how do you expect to use a stalibilizer on tanks that didn’t even had one in the first place?

10 Likes

It’s a gun stop on sight stabilization

On German tanks like panther the gun would only shot when on pre determined sight position.
Worked with a sight with gyros, and since gun was electric fired, was a thing

Another over engineer German thing.

Well, since it’s not in WT i don’t think it’ll be implemented soon. Also it’s like completely useless in game realies.

5 Likes

except,

we are talking about vertical gyroscopic stabiliser.

which no german tanks have one.

( i’m surprised those two on the list have it though )

3 Likes

Maybe useless and understandable since isn’t on wt.

But ye.

Another question.

Speed of tanks, why tanks like hellcat or chaffee are so slow? Is this intended to stay this way?

1 Like