Supressed sniper gold order needs a higher muzzle velocity

i understand that using subsonic ammo to use the suppressor would obviously reduce muzzle velocity (and apparently in real life the muzzle velocity is more like 260 compared to the 340 we get), but it makes the sniper completely stupid to use. The enemy can still see where they were killed from, its still loud enough to hear among a hail of bullets, and you need to lead your shot by like 400 meters to hit anybody. Its a waste of a gold order and it would be nice if it wasnt, i dont want it to be the same as the regular mosin sniper, but id like it to be like atleast 500, preferably 600 just so its, once again, not useless and stupid.
OR
Atleast change the recoil, horizontal/vertical, for a subsonic round it SHOULDNT kick as much. There’s no reason for it to be the exact same. The Nagant revolver with the Bramitt ALSO uses sub sonic ammo, but DOESNT have any velocity changes and only weighs SLIGHTY more, PLEASE make this kinda change to the MOSIN.

1 Like

If your suppresor doesnt use baffles than it you should get a slight increase in muzzle velocity because of the increase in barrel lenght and less recoil… I have couple of suppressors that work quite well evan with standard ammunition. You still get the super sonic crack, but dont need ear plugs.

The thing is it may effect accuracy because of barrel harmonics so the rule is you want as much weight off the end of the barrel as possible and this effects accuracy after shots fired. That is why they dont put bi pods on the end of barrels and we use free float hand guards to mount stuff like that because it is attached to the reciever and wont effect barrel harmonics. It all depends on the design.

2 Likes

I foumd a great video on the Soviet supressor. Basically it was designed to only be able to handle subsonic, but has range markings. In the video if your shooting at 100m you set the range to 700.

It is said though that subsonic is more accurate because of there isnt the turbulence when slowing down from supersonic to transsonic speeds.