Stalingrad Weaponry

Its kinda both. If FG42 would be restricted to gunners only it would be lmg and given 100 ammo by default.

It’s more the fact that it would be categorized as a LMG rather that being assigned to a Gunner, for exemple SMGs have the same ammo count whatever classes they are assigned.
Sure it would changed if assigned to a Gunner (which it should have been imo), but it would also be in full auto from the start.

More precisely the basic quantity of ammo carried is a balance between the number of spare mags and the total amount of ammo, including the one in the gun (the PPSh with drum has 1 spare drum, but with the box mags it has 3 spare mags, but both get 140 rounds in total).

The good side of them (FG42 or MKb) being put in the broad category of “semi-automatic rifle” (they level up your semi-automatic rifle tasks) which include a punch of select fire weapons in the game, make that at least they are in semi auto by default, but you can get past it by quickly cycling through your squad and pressing H.

Im pretty sure mkb kills counts as assault rifle kills and dont give progress to any battle tasks. Same as VG 1-5

4x (full access) and x2 (=8x) premium.

3 Likes

Will we get the update this week or I’ll be extended? If so, a message befor hand wouldn’t hurt.

6 Likes

Is the battle pass extended? Will it be updated this week? I’m so angry and bored.

4 Likes

Only 2 small criticisms:

• T-34-76 should have been free because it is iconic and very mass produced, and KV-1 should have been paywalled instead.
  • Potez 633 is laughably bad, I am not sure who thought it should be a lvl 23 unlock opposite the very capable A-20G.

Besides those 2 things I think this update is pretty ok. I am looking forward to using Thompson on my Soviets. KV-1 is excite.

1 Like

Yeah no you’re right I got things mixed up wtf

Wow that sounds extremely fast.

Add premium squads to the recipe and I might even miss the grind ^^

there is no need to add premium squads on the campaign.
hopefully they wont do it, if they do, lets hope its a compleatly diferent aproach than current premium squad model.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I would much rather prefer a squad that helps me earn bronze and silver orders. I got no real need for any help with progress, especially since they become worthless once you remade it to the end level of the campaign

I was happy to read that we can unlock everything with full access pack.

And then I read that keofox wrote there will be a minimalistic amount of premium squads in Stalingrad.

Well, but I guess its not needed spending 500€ this campaogn, which I can’t complain about.

Keofox mentioned this will be an unusual premium squad. But sometimes wording and meaning gets lost in translation. So maybe he meant the flame tanks and that’s it.

We will see. I hope by April 1st. At last.

Keofox please consider changing the trophy PPSH for a MP717(r) or a MP41(r). This would spice unlocks a bit more and add a more obscure gun

1 Like

MP 41(r) won’t be added, @20051767 said so. I’ve asked him if they’ll rename the trophy PPSh-41 with its German codename, but I’m sitll waiting for a response.

1 Like

Oh well that sucks

He said there are some Russian sources stating that the 9mm conversion kit wasn’t issued before 1944. Can’t argue with Sekrit Dokuments I guess:)

1 Like

@Keofox
I have question/request,
With the upcoming weapons polish update,

Such as new visuals for weapons new animations and sounds, is here a chance your team is including the Lewis gun of the “Battle of Moscow” “Firepower” Bundle to finally adding the rotation animation for its ammo pan?

I am surprised for such iconic LMG that the ammo pan rotation animation was missing, it gives it a unrealistic feel, and since development had made clear its striving to authenticity, i am wondering why this is getting over looked, and or gets looked into.

Video with a clear view of the rotation of the pan magazine as it originally would have functioned on a authentic (Animated) Lewis gun.
Slow Motion: .303 Lewis Gun: https://youtu.be/hp0pMuuPNCA

Thanks for reading

1 Like

With the AVT-40 now locked to the Engineer and Assaulter(?) classes, could we get the AVS-36 (non sniper variant) in Stalingrad too? It’s already in Moscow and Berlin, and doesn’t cause any issues being available to all troops. Plus, it gets a bayonet :wink:

It’s the same with the DP machine guns - which are even more iconic for the Red Army of WW2.

Note: written 18 of march

Firstly the good things:

• The maxim MG
    I’m really happy to see it. I was seriously afraid of seeing DP27 on sandbags.
    Although it’s shield concerns me. Yeah, it will hinder the visibility but stopping a bullet is a huge deal. I wonder how will it play out in comparison to the german MG.
    Also I hope to see MG34 or MG42 and M1919 or M1918 on a tripod in the near future (like @32883447 mentioned).
  • KV-1 and T-34
    It’s kind of obvious to see them here but it’s good to see those iconic tanks.
    Althouth KV-1 seem to be quite an early unlock if you ask me. But I’m not a tank expert so maybe I don’t know something.
  • Updated weapon models
    I’m especially happy to see updated model of MG42 as, let’s be honest, it looked ugly.
    I don’t like that shown weapons look like they were just taken out from the box though. I guess teased customisation (soon tm) will „fix” this.

Now meh / expected sth different part:

• Looks like f2p Stalingrad is mearly a demo. It was to be expected to be honest, company has to earn.
    But some choises are… weird. Shotguns, early CAS and mortars (?!) locked behind a paywall?
    I may be wrong but f2p should have acces to all basic gear (so they can test all possible options) and „improved” one should be paywalled. Yeah, it can be unlocked in other campaigns but theoretcally each campaign is a „stand alone game” so…
  • Captured weapons
    It was a matter of time until it made it to the game. But I hoped for sth different.
    I hoped that they will be golden order or prem squad but you made them into basic weapons. You basically made PPSh a standard SMG of germans.
    I fail to see any good in this. I expect russian PPSh spam vs german PPSh spam. I hope to be proven wrong (especially considering teased weapon changes).

Bad:

• [outdated] Mkb and AVT for everyone
    Ehh… do I really need to explain this? It’s tilting at windmills.
    Let’s just say that after creating this topic almost a year ago, I get likes under it to this day:
    Regular troopers shouldn't have full-auto weapons
  • Mkb and AVT for paying users only
    Prepare for „the game is pay to win shit” topic on daily basis.
2 Likes