Spies & Espionage

One of the recents event was kinda espionage based but this game had no spies. So what are some ideas for making it a class of squad/troop? Like we can expand their out-of-bounds limits and give them all french accents if you like TF2?

Spies don’t take part in frontline operations most of the time. End of story.

9 Likes

Red spy is on the base…wait tf

Oui.

commandos are not spies.

red spy in the base?

Nah, TF2 mechanics are not gonna work, and neither would disguise from Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This game is based around squads and frontline missions.
If you speak of commando or recon missions, I personally would love to have something similar to Hidden and Dangerous 2, using Enlisted engine and set in various spots around the world. But this should be a different game with different mechanics, different bots etc.

I wouldn’t mind a squad of 2 or 3 that would only use pistols or pathetic weak weapons/tnt packs/mines but could wonder on enemy play zone.

Just because.

See this is all I ask. A group of spies being two or three, going behind enemy lines with pistols and whatever explosives or cool gear or what may. It’s just be fun to hunt after rally points or far back mortarmen or radiomen

Except real life spy/recon groups behind german and soviet lines never have been limited to pistols and explosives. Their main weapons were SMGs and radios used to report whatever they got. Few groups also got suppressed rifles. And most of them were never meant to be used in open combat - that’s why we’re not getting any in this game. Open fight is almost always a death sentence to the group.

Try Bogomolov’s “Moment of Truth” if you want to see how spies and counterspies used to work back then. It’s a work of fiction, but the author has done quite a homework before writing it. And you will see why spy groups can’t be added in the game without causing shitstorm.