Soviet Paratroopers

The upcoming Soviet paratroopers are going to completely differ from all other Paratrooper squads by not having any unique weapon, their “feature” is going to be able to equip any primary weapon and thus allowing them to be used at any BR. Personally I don’t fully support this

Many of us, including myself, have been thinking of ways Paratroopers could be overhauled, but I much would’ve rather preferred the Soviet Paratroopers follow the tried and true method of all the Paratrooper squads being Special squads with unique weapons. Who doesn’t like new weapons.

To me it seems a little lazy and they wanted to rush out a Soviet Parasquad so instead of making them unique like all the others they just plopped one out. We’ve been getting multiple Parasquads for the other factions with unique weapons and I’m sure we’ll get more so why should the Soviets get shafted

I think we should scrap the Soviet BR Paratrooper idea, and instead we get 3 Soviet Paratrooper squads, all with a unique signature weapon. In regards to BR, each Squad would have a corresponding BR. BR 1-2, 3, and 4-5 roughly correspond to early, mid, and late war.

Here are a few ideas for the the 3 Squads/ weapons. I’m sure the devs can also delve into research for ideas because there is always a ton of material

First I will say there have been many different experimental self loading Mosins, just saying

Mosin Nagant Pedersen Device, prototype Mark II Pedersen Device made for the Remington produced Mosin Nagants on contract for the Russian Empire in 1915

PPR-42, experimental SMG in the competition to replace the PPSh

Avtomat Shpagin 1944, experiential assault rifle

PPSh 45, modernized compact PPSh, the first prototype could use drum magazines and the second model had a new mag well and may have only been able to use stick magazines

5 Likes

Dont forget the at-44. Also germany and japs will need low br paras to counter the 2 br 2 para squads US has

Jap paras are low br

But they only have one squad while US has 2.

They should have made paras free and with customizable crate. Current formula will cause serious problems

System is stupid, puts stuff like 100rd Tommie in premium for no reason and leads to issues that nations lack low br paras because of forced setup. Soviet premium squad is actually superior despite shitty uniforms because people can to some degree decide what they want.

They very clearly are trying to equalize the Soviet Paratroopers with the flexibility of most other factions getting several paratroopers at different tiers.

Okay, then what is low BR soviet assault rifle?

They can use any assaulter weapon.

Well. You can turn them down with PPD34 or TOZ I guess though I dont know about the crates wheter they have DPs or DTs and PTRS or Fäuste.

As far as I know, helpers specifically said they can swap only assault rifles.

Really? I thought they mentioned assaulter weapons or sth. like that, not a gun class.

1 Like

Well, flexiblity depends on the crates. OG is para 20 mag Beretta but is Tier IV or sth. like that because of the stupid flamethrowers.