Soviet guerilla squad hero "Tikhon Bumazhkov" in real life

Hello comrades!

As always, here are some informations about Tikhon Bumazhkov, a hero of the upcoming soviet guerilla squad.

(thanks to @JackofSpaidz for ingame picture :slight_smile: )
Screenshot (50)
Tikhon Bumazhkov in real life:
Bumazhkov_Tikhon_Pimenovich

History:

Bumazhkov was a soldier from 1933-1935. After his service he became director of the Klimovichi and Petrikov factories in 1935. When the war started, he gave up his director position and founded a partizans unit called “red october”, in which he took the leading role of the commissar, as he already had experience in the army. The “red october” partizans carried out many successful sabotage and combat missions far behind the enemy lines. In his last fight, in which he participated in a cavalry unit, him and his men were encircled by german forces in Poltava (Ukraine). He died heroically during combat in an attempt to break out of the encirclement. He became hero of the soviet union.

Additional fact:
This squad is the only soviet squad which got a unique emblem!
Screenshot (51)

(@Conscript_Joe i posted as promised :slight_smile: )

11 Likes

Oh yeah! :smile:

Thank you my friend!

“Red October” also sound really cool.

2 Likes

Funny coincidence?

We get a new class devs call “guerrillas”

The premium Soviets ones, are based on the Red October resistance (partisans) group.

Red faction guerrilla!!!
Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Cover

1 Like

additional note.

the soldier does have an unique tunic ( granted, just the berlin version without the pink tabs ), and dedicated face.

hero_head_ussr_partisan_2_premium_1

ah… good times and memories.

smashing things with the hammer.

3 Likes

Just dont put him in charge of experimental submarines.XD

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up our resident historian. It would have been great if the event NKVD squad could have gotten a cooler emblem rather than the generic one for the assaulters.

3 Likes

Yes, this is really the Soviet uniform I want.

1 Like