So merge is coming this year or nah? What do you think

Yep, chauchat is one those MG who acts like heavy but worse AR. Very similar to Lahti for example I would say. But I am not very comfortable eirh chauchat’s sights.

It can be definitely interesting after merge tho, It could be on pretty low BR.

1 Like

Yeah we’ll see. If it’s there, I’ll grab it alongside my 6 gold squads. Damn, gonna be a big one to the gaming budget. Glad there’s nothing in War Thunder I need.
Most important I get 4 out of the 6 gold squads.

• Ki-61 to backup my event A6M3.
  • Mossie since it’s an amazing attacker and bomber interceptor.
  • Fw 190 D-9 for some carpet bombing, and player/AI aircraft interception.
  • The U-2 since its low speed makes it veeeery accurate, but also vulnerable which’ll just be excruciatingly fun to do. If you survive the bomb drop the slow speed will make it accurate to drop the crew behind enemy lines and do some general interdiction/AT mine laying.
  • Yeah, Ki is extremely good plane in Pacific. I would say even best Japanese one. (Dont have experiences with new event/premium one tho. I missed that event)
  • I’ve never had a good luck with FW. xD But on paper it’s very good plane, yes.
  • U-2 is currently unusable for me. It spawns always to high. And I am extremely impatient, always breaking its wings while trying to descend.
    Hopefully we’ll get some kind of airfields for every map. I would love it.
  • And I could buy mosquito as well in sales.
1 Like

I think Vne for the U-2 is 190kmh. So if you just cut throttle and nose at 185-ish, then you can just steadily descend towards the side.
I’ve tried it in test flight and even the 50kg’s I destroy the (stationary and non shooting :laughing:) tanks. Everytime the bomb drop has the hit markets from actually impacting on the tank, it’s so accurate.
But yeah, counting on it to be a meme aircraft. It’ll be great to just spawn in occasionally not committing to high performing gameplay.

1 Like

Maybe this is optimistic, but I was thinking that it would be at the end of this pass after it gets extended a couple times.

Yeah, I thought (for a moment) they could release it on anniversary too. But I’ve changed my mind.

But I do believe this BP season will be postponed. Since it’s ending in 6/7 days but current event is ending on 30th October. (iirc)
It would be extremely weird to introduce new BP season mid event.

2 Likes

Well I’m gone guys, just got a 3x 300% xp booster which I’ll use to try and get my D3A :joy:

1 Like

Good luck, it’s pretty hard to win as Japanese atm

1 Like

Looks like merge coming this year:

We’re happy to announce that the next major update will bring the long-awaited new progression and the transformation of the game,

And

Keep following the news: the major update is coming soon!

Doubt I’ll get my discounted squads before they remove them. Ah well.

@20051767 can you atleast share if the merge will happen before the 10th of November anniversary discounts?

Last update was 45 days ago. The update before that 120 or so days so if I had to guess we’ll still make the birthday Discounts.

1 Like

major update dates

Looking at that little list I just made of dates when major updates got released, It kinda looks like they do one update in September and one before Christmas. Not really enough to really confirm a pattern but the dates are so similar in 2021 and 2022. I am guessing the merge getting delayed really is delaying some internal schedules.
I can see it go two ways:
-Aug one is the September update moved forward because the Merge is delayed.
OR
-Aug one is the summer update moved later because the Merge was slowing things down.

If it’s the former then then I’d expect the next update in September.
If it’s the latter then I’d expect the “September” update to happen relatively soon.

My guess is, today or tomorrow they’ll announce test server for next major update.
This test server could be live for next week.
And then they’ll release update ± on anniversary.

Or they could play it safe and release it on Christmas. But I highly doubt that’s what’s going to happen.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll seem lucky to make the anniversary discount at this rate. Bye bye squads.
Bit of a pickle. If I buy the U-2 now, the only one I really care about of the discontinued squads, then I won’t have the budget to get all 6 squads I wanted if they do make it to the 10 Nov discount.
I guess I’ll just let the situation progress and see what I do.

The best thing they could do is keep all the squads for purchase until end of anniversary (if merge is going to happen).

1 Like

yeah I know we “had our shot” but maxed out the ol’ budget last discount already.
Now I’m ready for some more.
Seems kinda cruel leaving them on longer and removing just before discounts start again. Hope that doesn’t happen. It won’t make me buy them full price, just the U-2, and simply buy less otherwise…

Exactly xDDD

1 Like

I’m not going full Gszabi but last major update had the devblogs start 27 days before.
So roughly a month. The thing is, the devblogs for this major have been going on for nearly a year since it’s about the merge.

Because last major update was just damage control, and the way how to get more time.

1 Like

They said this on March 3rd:

we’re about to see a new update to Enlisted

Update came out on April 19th.
“about to see” and “soon” doesn’t have to mean much. We’ll see.
I’ll frantically check though to see if they put a message that the servers will be down for maintenance or something to implement the update the next date until Nov 10th. Sigh.
Do they do this for Enlisted or just War Thunder? I forgot, I know for WT they do and then remove the news post when it’s done.

withsales

I’ve added some more info.
Not fully comprehensive, the tag system on the news search also doesn’t work that great but ah well, it’s something.