So maybe having 10 BRs isn't that bad of an idea after all

Now that I see how the discussion is going on vehicles, I really think a more fine tuned BR range makes more sense.

Fist lets forget about the whole “BR3 can face BR1 and BR5 thing” it makes no sense.

And then instead of having 5 total BRs that each can be matched “±1”, we could get 10 total BRs that can be matched “±2”.

On paper this wouldn’t change much, but it would allow Tanks like the Panzer IV F2 to stay in the middle BR ( old BR3 new BR5 ) while the Panzer IV H to get uptiered slightly ( now BR6 ).

The vast majority of vehicles already over or underperform under the 5BR system so this here would make much more sense for fine tuning.

Also this would help the firearm balancing as well.

6 Likes

Yeah, I honestly found it very dumb that they reduced it down to a 5 tier system. Bare minimum 8 tier system should be used.

5 Likes

it is problematic cause of number of queues. think that best solution would be 6 BR with low(1-2), mid(3-4) and high(5-6) BR MM.

1 Like

Let me just shamelessly slide this in.

2 Likes

they did this to maintain 2 queues, if there were more players would be split too much again,

although weaponary and vechicles (mainly vechicles) seem too unbalanced for 2 queues,

so this is going to be pretty interesting, just have popcorn and watch it.

2 Likes

if the goal is to have only two queues, then why even have an uneven number of BRs to begin with?

if it really is that important to them, they should have mx 4 BRs, not 5.

would it though? if you give it a ±2 range, you would still end up with almost the same amount of queues right?

±1 on 5 BR will give you 4 queues and ±2 BR on 10 BR will give you 8 queues.

like it was said in the topic it wont work cause of too many queues.

what kind of math is that?

±1 BR gives you
1-2, 2-3 , 3-4, 4-5 matching = 4 queues
±2 BR gives you
1-2-3, 2-3-4, 3-4-5, 4-5-6, 5-6-7, 6-7-8, 7-8-9, 8-9-10 = 8 queues

1 Like

The game has too many guns for its own good.

Even a conventional FPS has about 50-100.

Enlisted has 300, with funni nuances in between.

2 Likes

not really. there is absolutely no differences between BA rifles so they can all be on 1 tier, or max 2 tiers. SMG can be basically be divided between low rof, high rof and AR alongside their magazine size. tanks are little more problematic and planes are basically just loadout differences cause most of the planes fly the same.

also semi and select rifles can be divided into shit ones and good ones.

There are. That’s pretty much why I list off the criterion for dividing them into 9 in the first place.

If we’re using BAs as a reference, how would you sort:

• Mosin 1907 Carbine
  • Springfield 1903
  • Winchester 1895
  • A Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1

Then their GL versions. Their AT GL versions. Then the high-mag cap versions.

There are clear differences in power, in my eyes.

DUDE pls leave the thinking to people that know what ±2 means.

1 Like

that is exactly what ±2 BR means. dont use terms you dont know for your custom definitions.

they are all the same. there is maybe 10-20% difference in rof between them and they all kill with one shot which doesnt make almost any meaningful difference in battle. same goes with high mag versions. that is why they need to be on one or max 2 tiers.

GL should be on their own tier depending on how nerfed/effective the grenades are.

that is why i am for reduction of mandatory grind and having lots of those extra guns as optional grind

1 Like

dude, if you queue up with BR 5 gear, that means your matchmaking range will be BR3 - BR7.

PLUS OR MINUS TWO FFS

1 Like

sry i made a mistake with ±2 br just saw…

my god

1 Like

wait you made me doubt myself… there was no mistake. that was ±2 BR. every tier can see either +2 or -2. not both

1 Like