Slight shuffle of FG42, StG and MKb

FG42 - limit it to either assaulters, gunners or paratroopers (ideally)

In exchange:
StG - max BR weapon for everybody
MKb - max-1 BR weapon for assaulters

Of course some additional changes in stats would be needed to make it more balanced.

Imo such change would make weapon avalability a bit more authentic without decimating the balance.

3 Likes

Such a change is way too dangerous, sure we have M2 Carbine but what if Soviets demand AS-44 for everyone, than what happens to AVT and AVS? Its too likely to start a snowball effect.
Why would Germany players use FG42 than?
This seems too game breaking to me.

5 Likes

Pretty lame change and if not compensated, I would quit the game.
I don’t want my setup to constantly keep changing (thus completely wasting my time in the game) because of some F2P pseudo intellectuals on the forum.

6 Likes

Automatic rifles would make sense on machine gunner class, having option to have AR or the broken bipod weapons.
But we’re way past the line that ever made sense so im not exactly intrested to make such limitations at this point.

1 Like

I don’t see why would soviet players want that.

Why wouldn’t they? It’s a weapon like any other. Plus it’s quite iconic.

1 Like

You get StG for everybody as a compensation. Nothing more is needed (maybe except some buffs and nerfs for adjustments).

Oh no! The “it hurts my feelings” argument! I’m afraid I need to concede my defeat.

2 Likes

Got to admit that I havent unlocked the actual stg44 yet so idk does it have some superior hidden stats aka 0 dispersion unlike the previous versions mkb / mp43.

If not, I dont exactly see the mkb / stg’s as proper counter to avs / avt

Then they will get buffed or something.
Adjusting stats numbers is not even close to being a problem.

To be somewhat comparable to avs / avt it should have atleast ~13dmg aka still less than both soviet guns but having chance of ohk.
As well as that god awful dispersion should be gone.

Quite sure it would create a massive QQ bawwbaww from soviet side.

1 Like

If M2 vs FG42 is not a problem, why StG vs AVS/AVT would be?
For me it’s exactly the same situation but maybe I don’t know somehing.

1 Like

Entirely other subject as well as I think ppl has suggested to introduce BAR as option against FG42 which would be fine for all I care.

As currently the AVS / AVT are both functioning better in role of assault rifle than Mkb.
Which is why the people choose the FG over MKB.
As said, idk how the stg44 aka berlins last unlock functions.
But if its bad as Mkb, I rather have kiralys / berettas for my assaulters which both functions way better than mkb.
And keep the FG for other classes.

1 Like

People whine about the slightest sign of imbalance.
Imo those comments are rare enough to be disregarded.

I haven’t used AVT so I can’t tell whitch one is better.
But I’m sure it’s nothing a few changes in stats can’t solve.

Which is justified, since the so called ass-ymmetrical balance arent exactly working in this game.
So in that sense Im entirely fine granting murricans the BAR as counter for FG.

Handles like Mkb with less dispersion and higher dmg.
Only downside being less bullets.

2 Likes

Same recoil with full rifle bullet? Sounds perfectly balanced.

1 Like

If StG were changed to 600±50 historical RPM I would agree with the decision
This would provide an asymmetrical balance with the AVT’s intense but brief firepower

1 Like

And we seem to be ignoring the wonder weapon for the Soviet which is the fedorov this game is all about damage and killing as many people as physically possible and I want a strong reliable automatic weapon when it comes to end game when the Soviets are gonna start spamming body armor once they realize it actually works.

2 Likes

That’s the thing.

Body armour really doesn’t work well in Berlin… Cause everyone is equipped with fully auto weaponry with insane ROF…

But. You wouldn’t know, because as you hinted, you’re not endgame yet.

1 Like

Unpopular opinion:
FG42, FG42 II, STG44, AVT40, MKB, Fedorov, Drum PPSH41, Kiraly, Drum Thompson, M2 Carbine, Beretta 40 rounder are all great and absolutely able to compete against each other.

Sure some perform overall better, some are better up close, others can be great at medium range, but guys… we are talking about the difference between “S Tier” and “A Tier”.

1 Like

I have already reached end game for Berlin for the axis and when people start working together in end game I don’t want to deal with a horde of squads covered in body armor and vitality I don’t have enough bullets to put all of them down and I can’t cover every doorway with an FG or MG42 with the stopping power to kill them.

1 Like

You can do this buddy! I have faith in you!

If I can successfully manage to do so with a simple, not upgraded, mp35 you can do it with fgs or mg42!

Believe!

See this from the other side of the coin sometimes. When there’s a throng of axis defenders armed with fg42II or stg44, it’s difficult to push with allies all the same. Body armour or not.

2 Likes