Should Enlisted still have the Tank Hit Indicator?

The Tank hit indicator which describes you the penetration power of your tank upon another vehicular object greatly enhance the Tankers usage of the Vehicle they’re using showing exatly we’re you should aim to destroy a tank. This system derives from War thunder, where it is used in its Arcade battles against tanks to help players to learn how to destroy tanks, yet this system is in Enlisted even if it only has two options of combat, which is the main Squad mode and the community Lone fighter mode. While it is nice to get help on how to destroy a enemy tank, i feel like its a bit out of place, the game feels more like a realistic mode more than a Arcade mode from War thunder and the hit indicator really only seems to help out tankers destroy tanks faster rather than being a learning option early on.

This begs the question should Enlisted still have this hit indicator? If it was removed players playing tanks would solely be relying on skill to destroy tanks having to learn like in War thunder.

This would also be a great way to introduce the “Hit Calculator” from War Thunder.

6 Likes

It should stay as it is. Most of Enlisted players are very bad, they rather block roads with dead tanks than do anything helpful for team.

Hit indicator is needed for all the low velocity guns to aim properly.
Soldiers are supposed to have trained how to operate the tank and should be familiar with the balistics of the guns before beeing deployed.

It is very good help, but nevertheless, I would like them to eliminate it, my proposal is that it be an option that, when deactivated, gives you a bonus to receive more silver

7 Likes

I think they should remove it, and the plane circle as well. It would really add more skill

2 Likes

Not as long as the armor is so weird in this game.

5 Likes

Or make it appear with only br 1 tanks. That way new players get to learn the system and when they move to br 2 they are by their own

They’d need to redo a lot of the maps and vastly improve the spotting system so that infantry passively spots tanks, and I’m not sure DF is up on that.

the reason is because there’s just too much going on all the time, too many indestructible obstacles, trees, too much smoke, and too great an unbalance with the matchmaker.

3 Likes

It’s mandatory for new players, but after a while you won’t really need that indicator at least at close ranges. At larger ranges since we don’t even have working rangefinders it will be hard to judge the distance. We doesn’t even have option to set sights at X distances.
Our planes doesn’t have any bomb circle with them and yet most people don’t have problem with exploding tanks so we can definitely can get used to it.
Best compromise would be a pointer that judges distance for you but won’t change color depending on the thickness of the armor, so you would need to judge by your own if you can pen or not.

Keep it for BR1-2, axe it for BR4-5. Whether 3 gets the penetration indicator lies entirely with what BR bracket they’ve found themselves in.

1 Like