Self propelleds and half tracks

with flakpanzer and gaz mm, now possibilities for half tracks and self propelleds are open.
my biggest dream is seeing assault guns and self propelled artilleries to be implemented. some sort of new aiming mechanic to use them from far behind also would be wonderfull like mortars.

lots of variants of sdkfz 251
8eeaeb0d689fa157f0c8e590b355fab9

sig 33b (bison)
sIG-33B-Bison-II

hummel

marder 2 and 3
Marder_II_PzjgAbt40-24PD-1944
brummbar
Sturmpanzer.Saumur.0008gkp7
wespe
640px-SdKfz124
nashorn
Nashorn.Aberdeen.0007wakh

11 Likes

The more vehicles, the better, for the most part. Problem is that Germany had a large variety of vehicles due to it’s strategic situation compared to the Allies or Soviets. So the German faction would have lots to unlock and use, while the Soviets and Allies less so.

As a German tanker, do you really want to see the ISU-152 in the game? lol

Also, not sure self propelled artillery (Hummel, Wespe, Priest, etc) are useful in game.

How do aa vehicles have relationship with these 2?

There are already some of them in game. For example, stug3 a,f,g, su76m, dickermax,M8 scott, Semovente 75/32 M41.

The current map is too small, you can’t indirect fire like mortar at close range because artillery didn’t have high elevation like mortar.

1 Like

I would love to see SPGs (especially hummel) but adding them to current small maps is a very bad idea. It can end up in one of two ways:

1. They will camp at the edge of the map near resuply point and shell the objective or enemy spawn 24/7.

2. Devs will do some magic like with paratroopers and SPGs will be some sad joke without any connection to how they work in reality. My guess is that devs would turn them into busted assault guns with 20mm frontal armour and no indirect fire.

So imo SPGs should not be a proggresion vehicle in any case.
At best they should be just present in the files for moders to use.

3 Likes

You don’t know other than German vehicles?
German gear is overrated.

1 Like

This is not a guess calliope and company get the same magic for avoid the do indirect fire from the rearm zone

1 Like

oh yeah baby, talk to me like that :heart:

1 Like

Also you forgot the Elephant! The best SPG of them all. Also yea the Brumbar would be a nice equivalent to the KV2

Nah, it looks way cooler than anything Allies has.
Style is what matters most.

1 Like

The Germans thought so too :joy:

2 Likes

Sorry I don’t prefer to ride armored frogs while wearing potato bag instead of proper uniform like a true comrade, lmao.

1 Like