Russian Civil War Mod - Plagued by Problems

Throughout its development, and event after its release, the Russian Civil War mod that I recently released has had many problems, from fatal exception errors, replays not working, and soft locking.

It seems as though this mod is broken, or that something is wrong with my development.

I am going to try and attempt to explain what the issue is with this mod, and if it is possible for me to fix it fully.

The issue with this mod, is the amount of stuff I put into it. From custom squads to entities in the map, there is too much stuff, and recently, that has caused the game to completely soft lock whenever it tries to start up this mod.

The second problem is with the map I chose, the Moscow Autumn map. Sometimes in that map, I will remove entities in the editor, but they show up in the game. I have used scenery removers to get rid of this problem, but those take up memory space.

The Moscow Autumn map is also bugged with buildings, which needed corrections, taking up memory with it.

I don’t want to remove anything, as I feel that if I do, it will ruin the experience and take away from the mod.

Maybe this issue will get fixed in the Rzhev Update, but I’m not sure. I I’ll submit a report to Gaijin about this later, but not at the moment since I’m on vacation.

My new plan for this, is to create a Russian Civil War map in the Moscow Winter map, which is much more stable.

Anyways, if anybody has any thoughts or suggestions, feel free to reply.

1 Like

The Moscow Autumn map is also bugged with buildings, which needed corrections, taking up memory with it.

What do you mean by this? Floating fences or assets?

The towns, on every maps are generated, then they are given finishing touches by devs. Areas, especially on volokolamsk that are unused by missions were left as they were generated.

Server refuses to work if there are too many rendinsts on your map.

For example:

I believe that maximum renderinstance number for online is around 30k. Around that number basic functions start to break down like squad selector, and every player, both friendlies and enemy will show up as enemies.

Furthermore if i rejoin that match, bots will stop spawning. Very odd.

It’s unfixable ATM.

3 Likes

I mean I only have ~5600 rendinsts, also the problem with the map is the floating fences, which take up time to fix.

A fair portion of this is due to me putting in a lot of stuff, and then the server just having limited memory.

Still I am going to report the fact that my mod crashes, since they did fix the last error I reported, granted it only took 22 days.

1 Like