Road to custom levels #2 - custom models as levels

Untextured dedust map in Enlisted editor:

This is an unmovable model burnt into level binary, it cannot me moved or edited.

5 Likes

interesting.

so it can load source levels.

wth just happened to the forum .

2 Likes

so it can load source levels

Lol no it’s way more complicated

A good, I thought it was only on my end…

we duplicated the forum:

double the power, double the pain.

in what ways

please elaborate.

2 Likes

The editor can load level files with untextured geometry/models.In this case (as a test) i have managed to add this model to a level.bin:

link to model

The process of getting from 3d model to playable thing is a…painful process.

https://sandbox.enlisted.net/post/9eOV3uMnPk9GFUTm/

3 Likes

you’re one of those magician touching with 3d things…

yeah well, not gonna lie, if i struggle with this editor alone, not sure about this other stuff.
i never have gotten my hands on stuff like blender and what not ( i’ll might in a near future, because i’m interested in uploading custom models and what not )

but yeah. i’m not sure i will fully comprehend this whole thing.

i thought loading the level ( such as sources ) levels into enlisted and change it like you showed in the other thread would have … magically make things appear.
but it appears i’m wayyyyy to optimistic about that.

so it’s going to be much “worse”, isn’t it.

well… pity.

i never have gotten my hands on stuff like blender and what not ( i’ll might in a near future, because i’m interested in uploading custom models and what not )

Oh you are in for a surprise then. A bad one. You cannot use Blender, you have to use 3DSMax to export model for Enlisted (or Dagor Engine). Because Dagor cannot handle OBJ files. Nono, you need to export it in their proprietary crap (It’s not that crap but anyway). And the plugin that is needed to export in this special format is outdated and broken for blender.

so i feel like it’s going to be much worse.

If Enlisted editor is a 3 on a scale of 10 in regards of difficulty, then Dagor Editor/sdk is like 9. It has near ZERO documentation for location editing. There are two videos made 13 years ago.

I watched this guide to succeed: https://youtu.be/BSVPe48Gxog

1 Like

no effing way :skull:

for the love of god.
why can’t things be that simple!

i cannot…

error.404

i cannot…

error.404

This should work

1 Like

no i see that.

it’s just that… those type of code stuff makes me zone out.

it’s kinda what i already do for living, but you see, excell is not that difficult :upside_down_face: ( in comparison )

also, you sort of crashed my dreams with the 3dmax thingy.
( more like a reality check, so… thanks )

dang it… blender looked nice for once.

Ahh okay :slight_smile:

there is one legend out there… if you can mod the game, there is de_dust2…

1 Like

dang it… blender looked nice for once.

They might fix the plugin before adding official support for models and textures who knows?..

I figured out how to add textures to model (only bitmap as of now, adding actual textures would take more time):

So it is possible to add 3d models with it’s textures into the game, the only thing left to do is how on earth can textures be seen by the game:

4 Likes

Looks like there is a 40mb limit on collisions. I have managed to add los santos (partly):

I will see if it can be played online and will release as a freeroam map/demonstrator.

1 Like

The Dag4Blend is not usable?
I tried one gltf file from Unreal then tried to export, and then there’s error about something related to smooth group or stuff like that.

Gaijin dropped blender support long ago.

Current workflow is this:

1: Design model in blender
2: Export finished model in wavefront format + textures
3: Import .OBJ into 3dsmax…

That error is related to model not being smoothed. See the guide for more info

Sigh…If I don’t have finance for that 3dsmax subscription…What should I do?